📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall 2022 🍁🍂

End of challenge :tada:
I barely even posted but I’m gonna write a wrap-up post anyway, for… closure, I guess :see_no_evil:

Novels

I read one full novel (裏世界ピクニック - was really fun and I discovered that reading with an audiobook is quite nice), a short story (人間椅子 with the Halloween book club :ghost:) and parts of some other ones: Roughly the second half of カラフル, and the first half of きのうの春で、君を待つ. Switching back from reading along with an audiobook to reading without one is kinda brutal, I feel like I’m so slow even though the book is at a pretty good level for me vocabulary wise :melting_face: I’m liking the story so far, though.
Aand I suppose the last 20% or something of the last Mystery Club pick (十角館の殺人) were technically also part of the challenge. Speaking of the Mystery Club, I have somehow not even started the current pick :sob: I just somehow… did not at all feel like it? and then figured I’d rather spend the time leading up to the jlpt with whatever is the most fun :see_no_evil: I still wanna read it though, I’ll probably get started on that after the weekend.

VNs

Read about half of Loopers and then got stuck on a slice of life section that didn’t quite grip me enough to continue, so I took a break. Though now that @MissDagger is also currently reading it I kinda feel more motivated to pick it back up :laughing:

I also got back into Zero Escape/999 recently! It’s been like… more than half a year since I last played it (whoops :grimacing:). This is so fun, why did I ever stop?? I think I had to take a break because of exams or something and then I somehow just never picked it back up. Why am I like this
I’ve gotten to one of the endings/finished my first playthrough :tada: Only… 4 or 5 more to go? I think? Exciting :eyes:

As for reading every day, I didn’t even get close :joy: One day, I swear.

Which brings me to the other reason for posting, I need an excuse to tag @natarin and yell about Zero Escape in more detail for a bit :joy: So I’m just gonna… do that, don’t mind me

999, not to be confused with the next VN Club pick which also has a lot of nines

Sorry for digging up ancient posts, it’s just kind of become a habit to read these after I’ve reached the same spot in the game :joy:

:joy: Yeahh seriously!
This was my first ending too. Somehow I’ve actually stayed on the same path as you all the way through to the first ending. I swear I didn’t check your decisions before I made mine :laughing:

Yeah!! Thought the exact same thing.
You basically blink once and suddenly you’re dead x.x
Brutal.

Also, a little bit before that ending there was someone… knocking on that one coffin? From the inside? aaa?? Like, no one is currently missing so… who is that :eyes:

I ended up doing the same thing, though I was tempted to start further down so I could get to the endings faster :joy: I’m so curious.

Hahah yeah. I did pick that one though :see_no_evil:
(I mean it worked out and that meant I got to team up with Santa and Murasaki again (always a good time) so I suppose it’s fine. But still. Mean.)
After that door they randomly talked about how humans normally don’t get fevers >42°, but then Santa was like: ‘except when you’re trapped in a sauna, or being pushed into an incinerator’… what :joy:
Like, why would anyone even randomly bring this up, that’s kinda sus
And then Santa was just standing there staring at Junpei all serious and the two of them were just like ‘…’ ‘…’ ‘…’ - what does that mean ;___; :joy:

So apparently I’ve now chosen a different option than you did at first so I guess this is where our paths diverge. Means I can’t really follow your posts in order anymore, and I’m afraid to click on spoiler tags… Sadness. :joy: Guess I’ll read the rest of them when I’m done.

I just got to the part where セブン is giving us a lot of interesting back story about being kidnapped and ending up on the ship with some children? And some odd experiments going on. Good stuff. :eyes: (Also, セブン is a really engaging story teller )

That was so funny though :joy:
What an absolutely dumb conversation, I love them

Pretty sure I’m really close to the next ending but I gotta go to sleep :sob:

Oh noes ;_; hope you feel better!

24 Likes