Re Zero book club home thread

I’d be super psyched to join! I recently moved to Japan and have picked up a few light novels already, and while I’ve never read/watched Re:Zero, I see it everywhere here. Looks pretty interesting! I’m a JP-EN translator by trade so I really need to keep up with my reading for vocabulary but sometimes feel like I don’t have time to read for fun anymore… :disappointed:
So if I have a bunch of people to read along and discuss with then that will hopefully help. I’d be happy to take part in the reading aloud as well!

8 Likes

A JP-EN translator that is so high level Japanese there ha ha. Glad to have you on board

4 Likes

So uhm, not sure why the question, but anyway, I have the books in physical AND digital format.
Also, I’d very like to participate in the reading aloud sessions (hence my yes), but it will depend on the time, so I may or may not participate.
And I completely agree with @mrahhal that we’d better folow a somehow relaxed pace, since the content is already pretty intense, and because we also have the 2 books of the book club.

2 Likes

I’m really curious to see what you guys come up with. For some reason I’m imagining @icefang97 proposing something like 50 pages a week.

9 Likes

High-level even though I manage to forget I have Wanikani for literal months at a time, one day I’ll catch up with reviews… :joy:
But yeah, excited to take part and help! :blush:

5 Likes

It seems like there is a floflo list for the first volume:
https://floflo.moe/re-zero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu/

4 Likes

The second one does too, in case you didn’t notice (unless I’m misremembering)

3 Likes

I cant seem to find a second volume using the search and by googling it… But even this first one would help me immensely! And I would think that the first novel probably covers a ton of the vocab and kanji (I dare say most?) in the second novel too!!

1 Like

bild

I’m guessing you have this checked, and that’s why it’s not showing up. But yeah, from my experience reading several volumes of some manga and the first two volumes of ポレポレ日記, there does tend to be pretty decent overlap in vocab between different volumes of a series

3 Likes

@icefang97 is there an ebook site that lets you download the ebook file and you can read it with the app of your choice instead of their proprietary software? Sorry for the off-topic question.

1 Like

Probably not, from what I tried, no one had the option to download a pdf or something like that. Right now I use bookwalker, it’s not very bad though

2 Likes

I’m using cmoa.jp and the app is not too bad, but it’s a bit lacking in features :thinking: I’ll give bookwalker a try I guess.

Mostly for fun but I can be helpful because some people that were using ebook didn’t know which page their were so… Glad to have you on board

Do I look like a monster of Japanese to you?:sweat_smile:

I never use Ebook actually. It’s the first time I will be trying sooooo… I don’t know. Some people were talking about it somewhere on these forums though. Can’t remember where.

3 Likes

Actually, based on the link, I think @AAfunian was looking at book individual pages rather than the list of available books.

Book pages are deprecated, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the second volume doesn’t have one.

2 Likes

God why have I not deleted these :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I was planning on reading the series, but work has been very demanding of my time. Unfortunately I don’t think I’d be able to join unless this didn’t happen till like mid august or the pace was moderate (sub 20 pages a day).

Not interested in reading aloud either way though.

When do we think we will have an estimate for the start date and speed?

2 Likes

Because they are nice? :stuck_out_tongue:
I feel like it would be good to still have some pages for, say, featured books or something. You don’t need to have the word list in there, just a link to the alchemizer (light). Maybe some in depth analysis of the level of the kanji appearing, grammar patterns, density etc (depending on what data is available from your workflow).

3 Likes

I just checked my email and found this from earlier…weird…

Amazon recommendations on point

10 Likes

They are spying on you. :eyes:

4 Likes

So for the start date it will be in July so probably the first and for the speed you propose one then we will vote on it later on(prob next week)

1 Like