Re Zero book club home thread

You gotta just embrace the Yuri-Lolicon in you
fbi sirens in the BG

2 Likes

So I just went and bought the book today at book-off, but I was a bit surprised that the cover was different from the one on floflo. Investigating a bit, I noticed that my book has two dust jackets on top of each other. Both say volume one, but they have a different design. It’s the first time I see something like that; is it normal (for this book)?

4 Likes

Mine just has the same one as on floflo

2 Likes

The explanation on the back is also slightly different and so are the forewords from the author and illustrator.

Edit: based on said comments, it’s clear that the one at the bottom (the non floflo one) is way more recent. It also lists up to volume 7 plus a few extra books, versus the bottom one only listing the first volume. Weird.

5 Likes

If I recall correctly, the anime started when 7 or 8 volumes had been released, and I think I’ve seen that image used in relation to the anime in some way, so maybe they changed it as a promotional thing for a reprint when the anime was about to start airing, or something like that?

(All just speculation though, so could be wrong. Also doesn’t explain why one copy would have both covers)

3 Likes

The newer cover does mention the series getting an anime. Well, I guess I got lucky? :thinking:

5 Likes

This is a special anime cover version that was released after the LNs got an anime adaptation (obviously).
You can see the difference in the artstyle between the 2 covers (or can you ? I’m used to the LN style so I can tell them apart)

2 Likes

Not at all :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Speaking of which, I’m actually subbing it right now since no good english subs came out yet xD
I can share the final product with you or with anyone interested too ! (I’ll post it on Nyaa anyway)

3 Likes

I don’t know what nyaa is or that you were a professional subber ha ha.

Thanks for your hard work

3 Likes

Are those girls’ bangs down to their nose? That looks… impractical to say the least.

4 Likes

Oh no no xD
First, Nyaa is deleted this part since it seems like it’s against the rules, sorry
And no I’m in no way a professional subber xD
It’s actually my first time subbing animes. It just happened that when I watched the OVA with @mrahhal , we liked it so much, and wanted to rewatch it and make our friends watch it too, but it had no subs, so they couldn’t. So I offered to sub it if no one did it before June 19th (which was my last day of finals), and here we are xD
My first time doing it (yes I installed the subbing program and learned how it works only a few hours ago), but it’s so fun ! Tho I wish I had a written script, doing it by ear is exhausting :3 Will most likely do it again if the need arises

7 Likes

Not sure if posting torrent sites is allowed on WK but either way, I applaud you :grin: I started translating manga for my sister who can’t read Japanese so I understand the feeling.

4 Likes

Edit: Nevermind, deleted it. I think they get it from your comment so it’s okay.
And woah, translating manga for your sister…
Such a good brother …
Does she call you お兄ちゃん though ? (Sorry had to make the joke)

4 Likes

Piracy is technically illegal so maybe WK might have a rule against illegal content. :man_shrugging: Not sure what their stance is on it honestly.

edit: she does it sometimes to mess with me :joy:

5 Likes

I’m not jealous at all.
I’m not jealous at all.
I’m not jealous at all.
I’m not jeal-SCREW THAT YES I AM YOU LUCKY やろう :")
I’d probably drop dead the instant someone calls me 兄さん or 兄ちゃん xD
Edit : yeah I guess the site is a no-go maybe, but talking about poviding subs here should be okay I think + it’s not illegal, add to that the fact that no one got the license for this specific OVA so it should be perfectly legal

4 Likes

No look, she’s got clips to keep it out of her eyes! :joy:

5 Likes

The specific sub file should be fine I think :thinking:. There should be no rules against that

4 Likes

Hey guys,

I see no further need to prolong the poll so the reading aloud will be Saturday 10 PM(Japan), 9 AM(USA), 3PM Europe.

Really glad that the majority of us are able to meet at one time and that we can make one group. I’m really glad that it can work out. So let me say a last little word to all of you wonderful people as the moderator of this wonderful book club.

First off, for the discord I suppose we can use the kino’s channel and rename it re zero voice channel right?

Second, Do everyone have the discord link? Discord (hope it’s working)

Third, I have started to read a little re-zero and it is a nice challenge. Lots of new words and I’m glad I watched the anime before. Glad we have the drive-test. Oh! made me think.

How many weeks do you want at 20 pages per week(drive-test/test-drive)

• The first week only,
  • The first two weeks

0 voters

For the people that do not want to do the reading aloud or just want to listen in you are not forced to be part in it but let me try to convince you. I know that speaking to people can be very stressful and embarrassing. I know it because I feel it often. I am often really scared to speak to person I don’t know and have a tendency to slutter and speak fast when I’m stress which makes it even more stressful. The stress is even worst when doing it in another language. I have participated in the reading aloud of Kino’s journey. Every time it’s my turn to read I get awfully stressed out but when I start to read, I learn so much more than just reading alone or listening. I often missread or don’t know how to pronounce a lot of kanji so you can’t be worst than me :stuck_out_tongue: People in this community, if you have that kinda of problem will gladly help you. No one will just laugh at you go at your workplace and tell all your coworker that you can’t read a specific kanji. We are all separate by ocean anyway so who care if you miss one two or twenty kanji reading. We are all here to learn so there is no need to be shy. I know it’s impossible to tell you to not stressed out about it cause I will be. If you only want to read 1 sentence it’s good. I’m not forcing anyone to come but you can learn so much more and can meet nice people. Even if you haven’t finished the week’s reading it’s not a problem. You can catch up by listening to us. The community is so nice there is no way people will laugh at you or humiliate you if you miss or failed. This is a super nice learning experience and I hope everyone will like it like I did.

Btw I don’t think we need a leader for the reading aloud right?

I can hardly wait to do this with you guys. I’m gonna post the page number and the question thread later on.

13 Likes

So I have the ebook so it’s harder to tell you exactly where to stop. If possible I would like someone with a physical book to tell me if i’m wrong.

Week one is page 10 to 30 and should finish on :(いい子だから大人しく渡して)
Week two is page 31 to 51 and should finish on : (それがまったく読めないのだ)
Wee three is page 51 to 86 and should finish on : (王都の盗品の多くが持ち込まれると噂の貧民街の入口へと辿り着いていた)
Etc… (I will do it when the time will come)

Just to know if it the same to you or not?

3 Likes