Re Zero book club home thread

I get that. Reading a light novel series for me is also something that takes a long time, especially because I don’t want to read only one series from start to finish before moving on to the next.

I’ve still only finished one light novel series, and it was just 5 volumes :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve looked into it a few times, and it never seems like it would save that much money. A lot of the cost comes from shipping / import fees, and those tend to be higher with everyone compared to Amazon.

Wait you sure?

I haven’t looked into it a ton because I prefer ebooks but I figured it’d be worth it with the sheer amount of used books you can get off amazon for like 1 cent. But again, idk haven’t looked into it a ton.

1 Like

Well that’s on the expensive side. I bought a bunch of books/manga recently on Amazon and most were less than 600 yen (the most expensive was 840 yen). But I looked up the forwarding service stuff so long ago I don’t remember the actual numbers.

2 Likes

In particular, from volumes after 3. It’s said there were lots of cut content from those.

2 Likes

Next week is up Re Zero Volume 1 Week 7

How long would you like to have a break

• 1 Week
  • 2 Week

0 voters

Edit: Just realize 57 people voted on the the poll about wanting to read along. Never expected that many people to vote.

2 Likes

Especially since we don’t have 30+ people reading along :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m stalking along.

7 Likes

I’m aiming for the stars by hitting 2 Week. Maybe that will give me some time to catch up :thinking:

1 Like

Same :smiley:

By the by, how far along are you?

1 Like

Chronologically I’m so very behind, like I need 20 pages to finish chapter 1. But I’ve been reading some small parts of each week to keep up with the story (that’s all the time I have each week). I do need to backtrack and continue reading from where I left off. But I feel that’s impossible so I might jump a bit ahead.

We seem to have gone at this very much the same way, haha… Except I only read ‘ahead’, so to say, when we have the discord sessions, but I don’t think I’ve stayed until the end once. :thinking:

Since we seem to be the 2 people who consistently vote how behind we are, I was very curious. :smiley:

1 Like

Any news about the new thread? can I start reading?

5 Likes

We were supposed to wait? :eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t know? I usually vote in the poll saying I am reading along and then I start reading.
(Maybe I’m just too much of a Loyal Good type character)

4 Likes

But if you start reading before the poll, you can vote that you’re ahead. :grimacing:

2 Likes

But it feels wrong! I don’t want to be ahead!
Woe is me!

2 Likes

I usually start reading on the day the schedule says(so Mondays for re:zero) regardless of when the topics are posted(well, not for all the book clubs, I’m not fast enough to read all the ones that start on Saturday on the same day while also reading some SAO, but then that’s because I’m reading other books and not because I’m waiting)

5 Likes

hum… yeah so hum… I kinda forget to do the topic. I’m gonna do it now. Srry for it I was sure I did it for some reason.

1 Like

New week is up sorry for been late

4 Likes