Re Zero book club home thread

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to keep up with this one unfortunately. The prologue and part 1 were fine, but the start of Part 2 is terrifying. Itā€™s almost like itā€™s in a different language.
Iā€™ll still try my best but itā€™s about as hard as the Girl Who Leapt Through Time was about seven months ago at this point.

3 Likes

Wait, so you are reading ahead, then?
If so, you donā€™t need to worry. You can try to puzzle it out first, then ask questions in two weeks.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant the individual parts, not chapters, so Iā€™m still half way through week 1ā€™s reading (which was up to part 4).
(Iā€™m up to page 14 on the physical book, Iā€™ve never come across so much pieces of vocab that Iā€™ve never seen before, so I might have to take a break to do some FloFlo for a little bit).

2 Likes

Yeah, rereading as new facts come up that disagree with how you read a previous sentence really helps with comprehension.

6 Likes

Just some litte messages.

1-We are now ending the test drive and entering the real challenge. I hope you are all ready for it :slight_smile:

2-for those who are doing the reading aloud, we are currently at 1 hour and a half for 20 pages. Since we will be almost doubling the ammount of page would you prefer to only read a certain ammount of time, only parts, or all of it.

For the reading aloud I would like:

• Read it all and just leave if I have stuff to do
  • Only read a certain for a certain ammount of time
  • Only read specific part

0 voters

3- @Naphthalene Can you give me the page for next week before next Sunday plz?
4 - This week reading is out go check it out Re zero Volume 1 Week 3

2 Likes
  • Until the end of part 5 of chapter 2: 37 pages of text.
  • Until the end of chapter 3: 33 pages of text
  • Until the end of part 6 of chapter 4: 36 pages of text
  • Until the end of part 2 of chapter 5: 35 pages
  • Until the end of chapter 5: 35 pages of text
  • Until the end: 11.5 pages

So, 6 more weeks then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow that was quick ha ha. Thanks a lot for your hardwork

Edit: Just realized but we only have 9 week on that book. That is pretty quick. I donā€™t remember how we had in the other books though

4 Likes

Itā€™s similar in length to Haruhi, but weā€™ll finish more than twice faster. If we get a nice group following along until the end, it could be nice to just keep going with the next books.

By the way, I just edited a typo in the schedule. The week before last is until the end of the chapter (I first planned 33 pages to the end of part 6, but the last part was only 2 pages, so I wrote 35 pages but forgot to update the first part of the sentence)

4 Likes

Next week is up

1 Like

Next week is up

Btw The number of people coming to the reading aloud is becoming extremely low compare to the first week soā€¦

• I come at each Reading aloud
  • I come sometimes to Reading aloud
  • I do not come often to Reading aloud
  • I do not come to Reading aloud
  • I am busy right now but I will try to come to Reading aloud later on
0 voters

Thank you for your answer

2 Likes

I try to come to each but donā€™t always manage, and often leave early. :slight_smile: went for sometimes with that in mind.

2 Likes

Iā€™m similar to Belerith. I try to come to each, but sometimes canā€™t make it.

3 Likes

This poll is reflecting what I have been seeing the last two weeks. Kinda sad that there is only 2 of us that are sure to come and 2 maybe for now. Iā€™m not sure that if there is enough people to continue the Reading aloud for now. I donā€™t think we are enough people to make two groups. Itā€™s kinda sad to have to ask this question but here it is:

Should we have a reading aloud?

• Yes
  • No
  • Only in a few weeks when more people will have time

0 voters

If not enough people are interested I donā€™t see a point in doing it anymore. If you do not have an opinion you donā€™t need to vote on it. I didnā€™t put ā€œno opinionā€ in the choice because I wanted a clear answer.

On a more fun note, I will be preparing a little something to put some spice in the weekly reading since there is not a lot of question. I hope you will like it.

4 Likes

I will be there more regularly pretty soon, fyi. Life is just a bit busy for the next while so I canā€™t promise anything for the next two weekends, though I will try my best to at least stop by for a bit.

Sorry. :turtle::upside_down_face:

I am enjoying the book and look forward to continuing reading with everyone so I hope my temporary absence doesnā€™t put a wrench in the tires. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You donā€™t need to be sorry for this though. If you your busy itā€™s good. Iā€™m not blaming anyone. Since we had to cancel one reading aloud and and almost canceled the last one I was just wondering if people were not too busy for it. I my country, right now, everyone is in vacation so I though maybe you were all on vacation and that it would be better to just start reading aloud in a few weeks. Or maybe that since people are adavance they didnā€™t felt like they needed to read aloud.

Again iā€™m not blaming anyone. Iā€™m happy that you still want to do reading aloud. I was just wondering if we had to change a few thing but looks like the poll is pretty unanimous :smile:

3 Likes

Well, only three weeks left.
I think we should start discussing what we do next.
Iā€™m pretty happy with the story so far, so I donā€™t mind continuing on with no break, but maybe people not in Japan will need some down time before they can get the next book.

Also, what should we do about the pace? Itā€™s okay for me so far, but I wouldnā€™t mind going a bit faster either. We are going at 35 pages a week right now, so 5 pages a day. I feel it would make sense to bump it up to 50 a week (so, 7 pages a day), then we get to read one book in less than 2 months.

(Just for fun, the absolute maximum I can devote to this book club would be 70 pages a week, and going at a pace of one book per month).

5 Likes

Only three week left? That was pretty quick. I was expecting it to last all summer. I will need to poll a lot of these things before deciding though, I do think that 50 pages a week seems intense because I planned to get faster and faster with each book and there is a lot of them. (And itā€™s faster than my pace T.T)

I guess I should start doing my job thenā€¦
First thing first,

Will you be reading Re Zero book 2?

• Yes
  • No
  • Only from mid-September
  • Only from October
  • Only In a few months

0 voters

Do you wish a break between the two books

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

What should be the new pace

• 35 pages a week
  • 40 pages a week
  • 45 pages a week
  • 50 pages a week

0 voters

This one is just by curiosity.
How many other bookclub are in.(Excluding the Re zero one)

• More than 4

0 voters

And the next questions will come later on. I hope you guys liked the book so far and will be joining me for the next one.

3 Likes

Really wish I could keep up, lately I havenā€™t been able to give even a minute to reading this in the week. Iā€™ve been reading small parts to keep up with discussions in threads, but I still want to continue it from where I paused and hope to finish in time for vol 2 :pensive:

3 Likes

AHAHAHAHA kill me

Anyway, I intend to see the book club through (although Iā€™m going slow) but Iā€™ve discovered that I donā€™t enjoy reading enough to want to read a novel where I already know whatā€™s going to happen. If Re:Zero readings go on I might pop in once we hit a point the anime hasnā€™t covered.

4 Likes

Just to clarify, while I voted for 3 in the last poll, I counted the amounts of book being read and not the book clubs(so I guess I technically counted the intermediate club twice, in a way). And Iā€™m also reading SAO at a somewhat set pace, but thatā€™s not an actual book club :slight_smile: Itā€™ll also increase by one when the beginner club starts the next book, so itā€™ll technically be 3 or 4 then, but I highly doubt thatā€™ll take much time

(And with regards to the rest, I already have the first six volumes+ the first short story collection and the first EX book, but Iā€™m also patient, so Iā€™d honestly be fine with any of the options)

3 Likes