Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Whoahhhhhh you’re halfway there…

3 Likes

Actually half-way to 60 timewise is level 27.75, because 13 of 15 fast levels are after level 30, so you and I will be there soon too ^^

2 Likes

That’s it! :rofl:

2 Likes

@saimin I’m looking forward to it. Right now I’m trying to quash this behemoth pile.

3 Likes

I, for one, appreciated the factorial joke. The last time I made a factorial joke in maths class, none of my friends got it. But they did make me go up to my maths professor and show him the joke. He died a little inside.

5 Likes

I don’t wanna say your stack of 266 reviews isn’t big, but here’s some inspiration, haha :wink:

or this one ^^
https://community.wanikani.com/t/two-days-895-reviews-to-complete/41493

Go for it! (=

2 Likes

I didn’t join as i’m relatively new, signed up years ago but didn’t really do anything until December last year and then was just on off through December. Ramped up efforts this months and averaging 7 days 10-20 hours these last few levels. Of course i’m only on the first few easy levels so i’m sure i’ll slow down as I get past Lv 10. I hope to get at least to level 35 and to take N4 in July and if all goes well, N3 in December.

(i’m level 5 now in the app but still 4 on here somehow).

4 Likes

We should throw a party for @krysta84 and @Saida ! Congratulations on passing N3 and N2! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Anyone else who took the test in December?

8 Likes

I passed the N5 :grin: Just barely though :sweat_smile:

Congrats @krysta84 and @Saida!! :partying_face:

7 Likes

A pass is a pass! :grin: Maybe the results can help you figure out what your weaknesses are.

4 Likes

Thanks, @frayderike and @Chopped!

2 Likes

After this level I should know around 1000 kanji.

Thanks! @frayderike and @Chopped
And grats to everyone that passed!
Onwards and upwards!

7 Likes

I’ve been on that first thread before :stuck_out_tongue: And yeah, I know. But a twig is a mountain to an ant, and so on. It was 600 before I started this :rofl:

5 Likes

Level 14 - 6 days and 22 hours, which I’m really happy with!

3 Likes

Shooting for Level 30 by December! Planning to retake the N5, obviously the main improvements I need to make for that aren’t really WaniKani related but I’m going to shoot to keep making steady progress with it nonetheless.

Just made it to Level 14 in 12 days and 18 hours :+1:

2 Likes

Level Up!

Level 21 in 6 days 23 hours.

And I’ve been memberized too! So I can edit the table myself.

5 Likes

Good grief! You all are so fast. How many kanji are you learning per day? I was dedicating myself to 10 per day and now I feel like I’m slacking.

3 Likes

It varies - but when I level up I try to do the new radicals straightaway. Since I don’t use any scripts, that means I have to do all the vocab from the previous level first, but I just accept that I’ll probably forget some.

I then try to do all the unlocked kanji before I guru those radicals, so prob no more than 10 per day.

3 Likes

Same! I’m not too worried about taking a few days more to level up than the theoretical optimum, but I always try to get my lessons down to zero everyday (while I never allow myself to do lessons while I still have reviews). In addition I do keep an eye out on the radicals that I need for the next level up so I might push myself to do reviews or lessons if I know that critical radicals are ready.