Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

@shin666 has the right answer. But in the past, they have been known to change, so I just use this website, it crunches the numbers for you.

2 Likes

OMG!! Means once I reach L43, my speed will increase 2x :heart_eyes:

Thanks a lot @shin666 @Madmonkey7830

2 Likes

I also signed up for the JLPT in Vienna… :sweat_smile: what a pity :frowning_man:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. It gives you the option of a faster clear, but the number of kanji and vocab in a level tend to stay the same. Personally, I usually hit around 6-7 days still because that was the pace that works for me. I still do about 200-250 reviews per day at the least, so keep that in mind that if you intend to zoom through all the fast levels the daily review count will be quite intense

3 Likes

Yes, I think I had 430 yesterday, but that was a particularly bad day!

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think I’d have the endurance to do that each week. I highly respect it though! Maybe if I wasn’t in college and was doing some intensive studying I’d be able to last through that :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Damn I heard of Sophia University! Go for it if you can.

I might study abroad but it’s a small chance as I will likely graduate early and being a transfer there is not time for a minor(Linguistics major) who

Hope I answered your question.

3 Likes

Hey there,

It’s my 666th day of Wanikani today. I am always at level 20 after a lot of days. But I am not stressed anymore, I know I will defeat this level soon.

My real goal was to reach lvl 35 for December 2020 but with what happened I prefer to postpone my goal to 2021 and it’s one of the reason why I was not really on kanji the last months.
But, I have a postcard from WK on my desk; I can’t procrastinate anymore, because he stared at me everyday :eyes: I need to take a picture of it one day…

6 Likes

Hey, thanks for sticking around!

Going fast is great (obviously you’re here, so I’m assuming you’re interested in that haha) but consistency is king around the rest of these parts. Little by little, you’ll get there before you know it. I know this race is almost over, BUT if you’re looking for that same type of goal setting, the luminaries thread seems like it’d be in your ball park. That said, I’m glad you’re still here too! Cheers~!

the power of the crabigator compells u to do reviews

5 Likes

Made it level 56 in 3 days 21 hours (just - I had no leeway to get any kanji wrong on my last review!).

3 Likes

kon hugging

Don’t give up and one day you will reach that cake.

3 Likes

How do you get this GitHub-like dashboard?

1 Like

By using a lot of userscripts, see a list (and guide) here:

(you’ll have to install a browser extension to load these scripts though, like Tampermonkey)

From a quick look, it looks like Heatmaps (the big calendar thing) and some SRS breakdown / leeches. Also, a dark theme (the dark background), not sure where that’s from.

2 Likes

I made it! Lv 60 in 7 days 3 hours

I probably won’t make a solo post on it, since I don’t really have much to say, but I’m glad I finally reached the end of my wanikani road. School’s been busy, so I’m going to passively work on burns and see if I can throw in some more grammar/vocab with bunpro/torii, but I should be getting a little more diligent once I enroll in an actual class next semester. Enrolling in an exchange program abroad is also in the cards for next year, as long as I manage my money well and Covid clears up more by next fall.

Stat pictures

(That 18-day gap on lv 30 was when I trekked to Japan before covid hard-hit the states)

9 Likes

You trekked to Japan?! Cool! What route did you take? Also, congrats on reaching level 60!

2 Likes

Just noticed courtesy of another thread - I missed my one year anniversary of starting WK yesterday. So I’ll take a little more than a year, but not by much!

5 Likes

おめでとう :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :crabigator:

3 Likes

I guess the real adventure was getting back more than anything. It was an easy 1-transfer flight to Tokyo, just stopping in Vancouver on the way. The risk of US borders forced me to leave early though, so I had to find a flight home fast, while the costs were shooting up to $4000+ for a one-way ticket. Fortunately my sister has connections in the airline industry so once I flew to hawaii I was able to do some flight transfers in order to reach home, but the overall travel time was something like 36 hours straight, which certainly wasn’t something I was ready for :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: When you said trekking I thought you meant going there on foot! I hope your limited time there was fun, before all the stress of the return kicked in.

1 Like

I used trek to imply a long journey. You made me have to look it up in the dictionary because I was doubting myself on the definition, but it doesn’t always mean on-foot :wink:

2 Likes