Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Congratulations! Boasting some solid stats there, well done.

3 Likes

Congratulations Linkruler!

First time Iā€™ve seen a level 60 post by someone who has started after me. Now I feel a bit embarrassed :see_no_evil:. Anyway those are some awesome speeds, I wish you a lot of success for your other japanese study endeavors.

4 Likes

Leveled up today. My goal was to reach level 40 this year and finish Wanikani next year. I will probably get to level 40 this year.

I passed the reading and listening part of my japanese test. But I still need to do the speaking and writing part and there are just five days left.
:scream:

5 Likes

Good luck!

What kind of aids can you use for writing? And do you have to write kanji or can you fall back to kana?

1 Like

Thanks!
Only a small part is actually writing by hand. There was much more of it last time. It doesnā€™t really matter if I use kanji or kana but I will try to write as much as possible using kanji.

They provided me kanji writing workbooks in pdf format which I can print out. On one page there are new kanji and vocabulary using said kanji on the other page. Thatā€™s pretty much how I learnt kanji before I started wanikani.

2 Likes

Well folks, I finally did it. Been waiting for that final edit for a long time. Thanks to everyone here for helping me stay motivated. I look forward to seeing you all up there on those leaderboards soon enough!

12 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

Congrats :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :crabigator:

It makes me really happy that so many people from this thread reached the cake.

3 Likes

In Europe, COVID starts to rise againā€¦ I am quite sure that the December JLPT will be cancelled as well if it continues like thisā€¦
I didnā€™t register in the first place cause I kinda expected a second wave, but itā€™s still sad for those who did.

3 Likes

Itā€™s highly likely that it will be cancelled. I just hope the Dungmori people will once again offer a mock test online. I really want to see if I have improved since the last mock test.

2 Likes

Someone also suggested we could take the test together as a community event and use the official pratice tests that are available on the JLPT website.

7 Likes

Hey, still alive, still kicking.
Took another break for a bit, but Iā€™m back and expected to level up this afternoon, if I do my reviews.
I am going at a pace of 5 lessons per day though, so I donā€™t expect to get to 60 in less than a year.
This pace seems to work for me, Iā€™m no longer trying to race anything because I burn out every few weeks and thatā€™s just counterproductive in the end.

Good luck on everyone still in the race!

7 Likes

I reached level 58 a couple of days ago but didnā€™t post due to limited wifi. Managed it in exactly 4 days. This level will be slower - partly due to limited wifi and lots of driving, mostly because I tried to learn half the kanji while drunk (spoiler - it didnā€™t work).

5 Likes

Your avatar is gorgeous, by the way. What species is it?

1 Like

Thanks! Itā€™s a nurse shark - took the photo on a night dive in the Maldives. I often use a clownfish, but couldnā€™t find a good pic on my laptop and was away from home. Now I like this one!

3 Likes

Just hit a personal milestone:
Iā€™ve Guru+'d 50% of the Joyo Kanji :raised_hands:
My head is like :exploding_head:

7 Likes

Congrats, that was mad fast, you started just about 2 months before me.
Did you have prior Japanese experience before starting WK?

3 Likes

Believe it or not, WK was pretty much the start of my Japanese journey. I took a week or 2 beforehand to learn hiragana and katakana through tofuguā€™s guides, but otherwise Wanikani has been with me for the entire ride so far

4 Likes

I leveled up today just 24 more level ups. Some of this levelā€™s kanji, I already saw in manga, which will make it easier to learn them.

Somehow I passed my japanese test now I have two certificates not that anybody will care. Only the JLPT really matters, but I can proof at least, that Iā€™m not completely useless.

3 Likes

I started WK about a month after I started Japanese classes back in Nov 2017. I was on track to finish within two and a half years, but then I reset earlier this year. This run will take me about a year and a half, when I make it to 60 next year.

3 Likes