Race to the Cake šŸ°

Why have you forsaken me? :c

just kidding

Thank you so much! Well, it feelsā€¦ caky? haha, it feels good because i could finally take my first step in the japanese path to fluency

Hey, youā€™re almost there. I expect to see you soon :smiley:

3 Likes

And we are live! You can edit your speed in the second post, @MikaelBaka, @kondoisami, @Liphiarlyn, @Sulax, @marinauyeda!

Currently Mikael is in the lead, but weā€™ll see for how long! Letā€™s all eat the cake, yall!

5 Likes

I just checked on wkstat andā€¦ my average lv up speed is 9 days 1 hour. Kiiinda slow lmao

1 Like

Mine is 23 days, 18 hours. I just put there the speed Iā€™m currently going at :small_airplane:.

2 Likes

Just checking in since this thread is a little quiet lately. Iā€™m now on level 50, the last level of Paradise, which feels like it should be a milestone. But mostly Iā€™m feeling busy busy busy. Trying to blast through the last levels of WK at speed means that more and more of my time is taken up by WK. But hey, at least my Apprentice items are below 200 (and thatā€™s only because I have 117 lessons waiting for me).

See you in a couple days for an introduction to Reality.

6 Likes

Yeees :frowning: Iā€™m editing my progress regularly but I donā€™t post here so much. This group helps a lot for staying motivated to level up faster though.

Only 10 levels more for you!! Whooo!

3 Likes

Most of the top frequent posters (letā€™s say those who put more than 50 messages in) are already level 60 and thus less likely to post in hereā€¦

Looking at that list, soonish, both @Sezme and @SerahShirin will get that golden badge, so @saiakuma will probably start to trigger people with OCDs :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Joined The Army of One-man Anime Appreciation Group, Hooray for ć‚¢ćƒ‹ćƒ”ļ¼
Pleasure to race with you all. :hugs:

2 Likes

I never left, Iā€™m silently judging supporting everyone and saving cake for you.

6 Likes

I seešŸ˜‚ Iā€™ll try to be a bit more active too. Post everytime I level up maybe.

This time the leveling up went smoothly but last time I couldnā€™t get the kanji in my memory lol

1 Like

still takes some time, but i hope to finish mid of march. as i have some exams the next 2 weeks, i might slow down for a couple of days.

2 Likes

@ulisan it looks like you arenā€™t registered at the top of this thread with any team, but nevertheless youā€™re racing with the best of them. Looking at your level, you and I may finish at around the same time. And of course youā€™re always welcome to join the Naughty Narwhals even if you are ahead of me!

4 Likes

never been big on 0/0, since iā€™ve always been chopping my lesson blocks in pieces, and right now i have a big chunk of untouched lessonsā€¦ but my reviews are clean.

4 Likes

I like keeping 0/0, but that hasnā€™t been possible because of the gruelling pace of 3.5 day levels lately. Or perhaps that I waste too much time on the forumsā€¦ I just levelled up to 51 and Iā€™m at 149/115. Iā€™ll at least get the reviews down to 0 in a few hours. But first I have to get ready to go to work.

5 Likes

I like the 0/0 too but I wonder if itā€™s going to happen again before I hit 60. Now 0/384 Level 48.

2 Likes

@Sezme: many thanks for inviting me to the narwhals, I just joined the group :blush: I put myself below you since you will overtake me in a couple of days (am level 52, but might still show as 51). Iā€™m struggling a bit with the fast levels and donā€™t manage to go at full speed like all you crazy guys. You have to save some nice cake for me once you make it to the top.

3 Likes

Welcome! Oh, youā€™re definitely above me. Iā€™m at 51, though still showing as 50 for now. I donā€™t deny feeling a little crazy, though. Weā€™ll see if I can keep up with the fast levels until the end. No guarantees!

Iā€™ve heard thereā€™s plenty of cake for everyone, but Iā€™ll be sure to save some for you if you donā€™t get there first.

3 Likes

My average level speed went down by two hours!!! yes! :fist:

5 Likes

I made it to level 52!! ā€œAct your age, not your WaniKani levelā€ edition. Thatā€™s right, Iā€™ve finally achieved my number of years in WK levels, and because my birthday falls in a couple of days (totally not a hint), that may carry over to my next level as well.

Anyway, happy to have made it this far. Just gotta keep going until the cake. Now to tackle my embarrassing lessons backlogā€¦

10 Likes

Oh, and I made it to level 53, still my age in years. Finally next level Iā€™ll be younger than my WaniKani level.

Iā€™ve got kanji overload disease, and the only prescription is ā€¦ more kanji!
more-kanji

10 Likes