Race to the Cake 🍰

If I go ultimate full speed I’ll be done in June… end of June =P

2 Likes

I’m 4 levels behind you… That’s 1 month oO If I take into consideration the time we both joined WK, I started 1 month and 6 days after you, so I basically only recovered 6 days in 35 levels.

3 Likes

And now that the race is on there wont be another :wink:

1 Like

I actually was absent for 19 days on level 1 because I was trying RTK. I only started WaniKani early-mid May I think.

2 Likes

I see you state: Started WK/Japanese: 06/06/2017
I restarted 07/07/2017! =D
We has such maching numbers =^_^=
And we have exactly a month between us too, so we have kept same speed =P

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed you’ve been doing pretty well too, that’s why I tagged you :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, what?! Have you been doing 6d20h levels or something? oO That means you gained advantage on 6 days vs me. Yeah, that might be possible. I never did a 3d10h level.

2 Likes

Real quick, how did you screenshot the progress bar from the statistics website? Did you just take a screenshot and size it? I’m trying to get that information so I can show you.

1 Like

Yeah, you can just screenshot it and ctrl + v it in the writing box or edit on paint in case you want to remove something private.

Here’s mine:

5 Likes

Here is my progress chart:

I basically did nothing on WaniKani for 17 days on the first level, then I finished that at near max speed. Level 2, I also did at near max speed and level 3 was one day extra (mainly because I did not have a plan before that). Every other time it was at max speed, including the fast level, level 26.

5 Likes

DAMN, now that’s dedication! xD You’re doing great, idk how you can possibly feel intimidated by me and @Vanilla xDD

Until level 10, I didn’t really know how the SRS system worked exactly (radicals first and stuff) so there’s that. Level 1 took so long because I thought WK was an app and I didn’t understand anything when I registered (didn’t read the FAQ/Guide xd), so I only came back 18 days after registration. My recent 7d10h levels were because I forgot to do the 2nd batch of kanji :roll_eyes: so I had to get back to the old schedule again (that’s why the 7d14h).

EDIT: btw my graph is in my last post

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m super obsessed with anime and visual novels what not so I’ve basically been trying to learn as much Japanese as fast as possible. Sort of this feeling that I want to get this done with so that I can look back and relish in how much untranslated material I was able to absorb because I spent the hard work and time learning Japanese. That has really pushed me so far to my, I believe 3/4 or more N2 grammar and nearly 6000 words (with all the words I just learn through osmosis, I’ve basically lost count)

3 Likes

Lul, compare your graphs to mine

Max speed really did save my studies lol.

Yeesh, youre only 3 levels above me but know almost 1000 more words lol. Do you just have a bunch of free time or are you a quick learner?

4 Likes

I have about 4099 from WaniKani, 1326 words gured+ on HouHou (total 5425) and about 500-800 words from osmosis. I basically got the bulk of the HouHou during my ambitious and bored time in the early 20 levels, like nearly 1000 of them, and the rest I got from reading. It really does come down to I wanted to learn really bad at the beginning and I thought the levels were slow.

…Now I I don’t have that problem.

5 Likes

Just did

5 Likes

You asked for it (claiming Rei now) :stuck_out_tongue:

1738665!

free-1

5 Likes

Sorry for not waiting for Are, I kind of made this on a whim. I‘m open to suggestions and any kind of assistance though.

As a regular you can make wikis, I thought it would be an easy way to implement this.

I think the way it is now, people willing to race someone add themselves with some data about themselves, and anybody who would like to race them can add themselves to the group. An easier way to find racing companions.

However, there are some other ideas floating around. One of the would be to create some „racing tracks“, slow, fast-ish, top speed, and inside those tracks group by levels, i.e. 3-10, 10-20,… That way people would advance inside the groups and from one group to the next, and can pinpoint someone at the same level they are for a race.
Let me know what you think!

1 Like

Well, I don’t mind making groups based on speed or based on level, but doing both at the same time means I’m alone right now :frowning:

1 Like

Why don’t you choose another group to join?
Or just choose someone to race against.

How about Group 6 or Group 2?
You can catch up within a month.

1 Like

Oooh, I’m not a regular.

I think Vanilla had a good point to leave levels out of the initial “where to group yourself” question.
You should pick someone to race based on the user.
Forum friends or whatnot.

The levels can just be something to nag each other with.
The journey to level 60 is a long one and even if your leveling average is 10 days, you never know when you might be super sick or go on vacation for 3 weeks and can’t do any reviews.

Now that the post is editable, you can branch off or place yourself in any group you want.

2 Likes

I was in group 2, but someone removed me.

I don’t have time to revert edits all the time (nor do I think it’s good practice). What I meant is that there should be some rules regarding placing.
At least, I feel we should agree to not move others without asking…

Edit: I just put myself back for now.

1 Like