Not receiving level up emails

Hello, I took a break at level 14 which is when I received my last email. I leveled up to 15 maybe two weeks ago and didn’t receive my email and chalked it up as a whatever, but I just leveled up to 16 today and have also not received an email.

Is there something that I am doing wrong? The only abnormal things that have happen since level 14 was taking a break and purchasing the lifetime account.

I know it’s not a huge thing, but I really looked forward to getting those emails!

Thank you!

On a related note, I didn’t receive a level up email around level 13, and since then it’s always been one level behind. ie when I reached level 20, WaniKani sent me the level 19 email.

Never bothered me much, but WK may be interested in the bug.

You may want to check your spam folder. I’ve had level up e-mails end up in there! :slight_smile:

It’s a known bug with (I think) their automatic email provider. For now, the only way to fix it is to go to your account settings and disable, then reenable " Receive WaniKani Related Emails". You’ll probably have to do it every level or so. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It happens to everyone sometimes. Somebody already compiled all of the emails into a list (hidden by default so you don’t see other levels):

I had this problem but sometimes the email gets postponed for some reason–not really sure why. I second, that receiving these emails is a really nice touch

As others have been mentioning, I’ve also been 1 level behind on emails for a while now. Some where around level 6 or so I didn’t get an email. Then I began receiving the previous level’s email each time I leveled up. Not really a big deal, but seeing other report a similar thing I would say this is a common bug.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.