No Level up email

I just leveled up to level 6, but I did not receive a level up email. I have checked that they are turned on and they just emailed me like twelve hours ago about some reviews, so I know I get emails from them. Thoughts on how I can maybe get it or will I just not receive any more, which would be so sad…

They seem to be a bit buggy, but what seems to fix it for most people is to turn them off and on again.

Go to your account settings and move your “Receive WaniKani Related Emails” from Yes to No, and then back to Yes. (Note that there’s a different setting in the “App” section of the settings that is about your review and lesson counts. That’s not the one you need to toggle).

After turning them on you should receive the one you missed for level 6.
There’s also a thread with all level up email contents, in case you never manage to get yours and are curious about what it says.

3 Likes

Also, if you’ve reset to an earlier level, it won’t re-send emails that it sent before a reset.

1 Like

This is an interesting fact, but this is my first time to level six.

Thank you so much, this method seem to work. It didn’t work the first time I tried it, but I was persistent and tried again. The second time it worked. Thank you thank you thank you.

2 Likes

I didn’t get one some levels ago. I didn’t do anything but have received them promptly ever since.

1 Like

:thinking: I’m getting emails even though I’ve reset twice.
Does that mean I didn’t get them the first two times?
I don’t think they’d keep some sort of variable to not repeat emails, so it sounds weird.

I can only speak from my own experience, but here’s my evidence:

For the sake of the Durtle Madness puzzles that ran from December to April, I reset a bunch of times from Level 60 down to Level 33 to gather clues from the emails.

The levels I reset to were (starting at 60): 59, 58, 57, 56, 55, 54, 53, 52, 49, 48, 43, 34, 33
And I got an email for each of those levels (sometimes only after toggling the setting)

And now that I’m leveling back up again, it only sent me emails for:
35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 44, 45, 46, 47

Notice how those two lists perfectly add up to one email per level.

33 34 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 43 -- -- -- -- 48 49 -- -- 52 53 54 55...
-- -- 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 -- 44 45 46 47 --
1 Like

They only started sending them out in February

2 Likes

へー, :thinking:

Levels 2 & 3 are different, those they have always been sending out. Emails for levels above that started in February.

へー, that makes sense, then.

Usually this means that @CyrusS doesn’t like you for some reason. He can get in his moods. I usually just offer him some sort of baked goods, like asparagus or something. Give it a try!

7 Likes

I only block the level-up emails for you, Gsai.

11 Likes

I had this issue the other day for level 8.
In order to fix it, I had to log out and log back into wanikani…hope it fixes it for you (or anybody else who encounters this annoying issue)!
Very shortly after logging in, I got my belated email and my level started showing up properly in the wanikani forums!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.