New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

If you get a review wrong the item will show up more frequently, so it’s not really a problem, they’ll stick eventually. Reviews from previous levels will still come back even if you advance to the next level, so all those items will still come back :grin:

1 Like

You still dont get it. If I fail the lessons, they never go into apprentice

So how do you get to the next level? You have to pass 90% of the kanji to get access to the next level, don’t you?

From my understanding it is how many Kanji you have turned into “guru”. The only way to get Kanji is based on the radicals that you have turned into “guru”.

Quite, I agree. So if f3lix just ignores their kanji, they’ll never guru them, and they’ll never get to the next level. So they won’t have more kanji to learn/ignore.

I believe the implication was that he will do them, when he’s ready for them.

Mind you, I can quite easily reel off a common vocabulary word for each one of those kanji, so I still reckon @f3lix should just go for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Correct. I’m doing it right now. I was just afraid that if I skipped over them for a brief period of time I’d ruin the balance of the universe or something.

Basically the “never seen people do thing X and I’m doing it so I thought yeah time to ask if I should stop” scenario I pull every other day

Also how to make tiny text

<small>text goes here</small>

<small><small>You can even nest multiple levels.</small></small>

<big>This works too, but only once.</big>

1 Like

pee is stored in the balls

I usually use ###### like so:

small text

Aye, though that is, strictly speaking, a small heading. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me how I can easily see how many kanjis and vocabs I have learned so far? Is there some place I am missing on the dashboard or is there a userscript I haven’t found yet?

I know I can click on “vocabulary” in the dashboard and see the number next to the levels - but here I would have to scroll through the levels and manually count how many words I have learned up until now. I am sure there must be an easier way, but I just can’t find it…

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

wkstats.com, lists a few statistics alongside this one

Create an API token (Settings → API Tokens), and use it on https://www.wkstats.com. There are lots of other interesting statistics on there, too, and if you’re like me it can be a motivator.

Edit: Clearly we’re all connected to the hivemind.

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. This kind of data totally motivates me, too :blush:

1 Like

On the page for 転がる:
If you have trouble remembering the hiragana ending, just imagine a girl (がる) rolling down the hill too.

What do they mean by this? Will there ever be a point when I DON’T get to see the hiragana part?

Either while producing the word later, or because 転がす and 転ぶ

That is worded a bit weird indeed. Maybe it’s like Gorbit99 said, when you’re trying to recall the word on your own later, that’d help remembering the hiragana part, I guess. Not that helpful for wanikani reviews though, but it could help if you’re having trouble remembering the word outside of wanikani.

Nice

1 Like

wrong thread bud