Need help understanding「かで」in the following sentence

from https://www.wasabi-jpn.com/japanese-lessons/japanese-graded-readers-n4-the-north-wind-and-the-sun/

「二人はどちらの力が強いかでケンカをしているようです。」

Where the provided translation is:
“It seemed that they were arguing about which power was stronger.”

What does the 「かで」in「強いかで」do? Is it a separate で particle preceded by a か? Is it its own particle? I can’t seem to find its role, or the definition of the entire「強いかで」 anywhere. Thanks!

Edit: Thank you both for taking the time to explain this to me, I never would have considered thinking of か as ending a clause and then interpreting で in that fashion.

二人は"どちらの力が強いか"でケンカをしているようです。

To me the か indicates the end of a clause/phrase.

二人は = the two of them

Literal translation of “どちらの力が強いか” = Which power is stronger between the two?

で = by (in this case I feel like the meaning is more like “because”)

Seems like the two of them are fighting because of this topic (Which power is stronger between the two?)

Oh god… I suck at explaining things.

And yes the か and で is separated.

(Correct me if I’m wrong!)

Edited.

Inuzushi is right, but to elaborate more (since I got curious and looked it up):

A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar lists the third definition of で as: “A particle (apparently derived from the て-form of です) that indicates a weak causal relationship,” and it lists and, because of, due to, and because as possible English translations.

With that and か marking the end of a clause asking a question, I see it as, “It seemed they were arguing (due to the question of) which power is stronger between the two.”