Motivation to continue

I feel like the gap between one review to another is getting bigger as I’m getting to upper levels and then it makes me demotivated.

Is it true or this is just me looking for a motive to quit??

Do anyone have a tip on how do I keep motivated…

1 Like

You could slow down your progress on WK and focus more on other areas of your study. Rediscover what lead you to study Japanese in the first place.

10 Likes

Do you suffer from the waiting ?
Couple of levels later, you will find yourself flooded with reviews and more reviews.

7 Likes

As you continue, I think you will not find that the gap between reviews keeps growing (pretty soon it will be the opposite problem, too many review, too many lessons)

2 Likes

Yeah, the fact is some times I have to wait like 9-10 hours to get another review and that is too much for me…

Maybe, I will continue practicing and then I will see what happens next…

How often do you actually review though? I see that you started in mid April, yet you are only level 6. If you go the fastest speed possible you can get to level 6 in five weeks.

Are you doing some lessons each day? If you continue to do them in big batches (which you might prefer, up to you), then there will be days with no lessons where maybe you don’t have a lot going on until, say, the evening.

I just do WK consistently three times a day (8am, 12pm, 8pm) after a set number of lessons at 8am and it’s a pretty rare day now when I don’t have something at each time point. Personally I find that having a consistent schedule is much more important in the long run than always having some reviews coming up in a couple of hours.

5 Likes

People keep saying that, but I’m still waiting for it to happen…

What’s your average level up time? Obviously what “flooded” means depends on the person, but I’m curious.

Some people make 100+ reviews sound like a lot. That’s just a normal morning after leveling up for me.

5 Likes

100+ reviews is a lot for some people. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I know that’s what they say. I’m not saying they’re lying, just that if your threshold for being flooded is 100+, then you’ll get flooded a lot.

5 Likes

Yep, and that’s one reason why some people go much slower than max speed. I’m staring at 77 reviews right now and it’s kind of daunting. For me, anything more than about 40 at a time feels daunting, so I try to do them in smaller chunks to make it feel more manageable.

To add, I don’t have time to do reviews before work. So I only do reviews on my phone when I can at work, and after work. On days like today when I don’t have free time at work, I end up with what I consider a lot of reviews to do over a period of only a few hours.

1 Like

8 days exactly.

1 Like

Gotcha. Looks like you’re just starting to burn items. The max pain in terms of number of reviews comes after you start missing burns and they come back around two weeks later. If that doesn’t overwhelm you probably nothing will. Best of luck. :turtle::fire:

2 Likes

My average level up time is 10-12 days.

This is like around 6 days to level up???.. Maybe I try it

1 Like

It all depends on how quickly you can guru 90% of the levels’ kanji. The quickest you can do that is 6 days 20 hours for most levels.

2 Likes

My apprentice count is around 150 and I am always busy with reviews and lessons.

1 Like