May 22 2020 Content Updates

Kanji

我 - added わ as a reading

談 - updated meaning mnemonic and hint as user suggested

予 - updated meaning mnemonic and hint, and reading mnemonic and hint

新 - updated meaning mnemonic and hint, and reading mnemonic

事 - changed “brush” radical to “wolverine” radical and updated meaning mnemonic and hint, and reading mnemonic and hint

逮 - changed “brush” radical to “wolverine” radical and updated meaning mnemonic and hint, and reading mnemonic and hint

盆 - added “tray” as a meaning and updated meaning mnemonic and hint, and reading mnemonic

乗 - updated meaning mnemonic

入 - updated reading mnemonic and hint

Vocab

生物 - made “living thing” the primary meaning, added “creature” to meanings, moved “living things” and “creatures” to whitelist, and added “organisms” and “living creatures” to whitelist. Updated meaning explanation.

押入れ - moved “wall cupboard” to whitelist, updated reading explanation

伝わる - added “to be told” and “to be handed down” to meanings and “to be passed on” to whitelist

訓練 - added “practice” to meanings and “drill” to whitelist, and updated meaning explanation.

託す - updated reading explanation

両腕 - removed もろうで reading as it is extremely rare

左腕 - updated reading explanation

下巻 - added “first volume” to blacklist

生きる - updated reading mnemonic

恋/変 - added to visually similar kanji

本当に - updated meaning and reading explanations

種類 - added “sort” to meanings and updated meaning explanation

食堂 - added “diner” to meanings, and “canteen” to whitelist, and updated meaning explanation

仏像 - added “statue of Buddha” to meaning explanation, and “Buddha statue,” “Buddhist statue,” “Buddha’s image,” and “Buddhist image” to whitelist

間に合う - added “to be in time” and “to be on time” to whitelist, and updated meaning explanation.

お盆 - added “tray” to meanings, updated meaning explanation

盆栽 - updated meaning explanation

お父さん - updated reading explanation

不詳 - added “unidentified” to meanings and updated meaning explanation

南東 - added “southwest” and “south west” to blacklist

広がる - published new vocabulary item

後で - updated meaning and reading explanation

31 Likes

New vocabulary also first :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @TofuguJenny,
would be so kind, and please add the level info to each item of your list (starting next time, let’s say)?
Is the present list sorted by level?

Cordially yours

3 Likes

I just got a weird bug: I just unlocked level 29 and it says that I am a Guru with the radical “hills”, literally 5 mins ago.

Edit: It’s saying that I unlocked this radical on August 2, 2019. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t even level 10 by that time.

I am strangely happy this random plural is now singular. Many thanks!

4 Likes

hills radical was originally level 11 (or 12?) I think. It was recently moved to 29, so you already went through lesson and apprentice before.

1 Like

That’d make sense altho I really don’t remember this radical lol.

1 Like

Reason they moved it was that it was never used until level 29, which caused a lot of people to forget its existence :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got this one today on LV 38 thanks.

Really WK, I Love it that you’re still adding new things so that my journey is never fully over, but… learning 広がる at this point just feels… superfluous? xp

(it’s not like I want you to change anything, just a thought in my head)

7 Likes

It was originally level 8 - it never moved on the wkstats v1 site so it’s still listed as level 8 there. That site is kind of handy for seeing what’s changed since it’s no longer being updated haha

2 Likes

Hehehe… Good luck trying to burn everything again :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you, Jenny

4 Likes

It’s just 8 reviews total (well, 7 now).

3 Likes

Yea but that 1 apprentice gonna take half a year

5 Likes

You’re welcome! :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi omoide! The current list is in the order the updates weremade. I’ll talk to the rest of the team about your request :blush:

2 Likes

tfw only 4 items remaining to burn… and le wild 広がる appears. Welp. :confused:

7 Likes

Update: From now on we’ll add the level in parentheses after the subject (radical/kanji/vocab) :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It was originally level 8.

1 Like