Friday September 16 2022 Content Updates

Kanji

(23) - Updated the reading mnemonic and hint.

(27) - Updated the reading mnemonic and hint.

(48) - Added “use up” as the primary meaning, added “all gone” and “run out” to the allow list, and updated the meaning and reading mnemonics.

(45) - Updated the reading mnemonic and hint.

(54) - Made “suckle” the primary meaning, and updated the meaning mnemonic and hint.

Vocabulary

指摘する (38) - Added “to identify something”, “to point out something”, “to point something out”, “to indicate” and “to indicate something” to the allow list.

両日 (6) - Updated the reading explanation.

文化 (6) - Updated the reading explanation.

文学 (5) - Updated the reading explanation.

作文 (5) - Updated the reading explanation.

文字 (4) - Updated the reading explanation.

作者 (8) - Updated the reading explanation.

作業 (10) - Updated the reading explanation.

一文字 (4) - Updated the reading explanation.

(14) - Removed “suffix” from word types.

辺り (7) - Added “neighbourhood” to the allow list.

代用 (4) - Added “substitute” and “substituting” to the allow list.

勉強 (12) - Added “studying”, “lesson”, “work”, “learn” and “learning” to the allow list.

勉強する (14) - Added “to learn” and “to learn something” to the allow list.

心持ち (11) - Updated the reading explanation.

気持ち (11) - Updated the meaning and reading explanations.

(11) - Updated the reading explanation.

(28) - Updated the reading explanation.

以上 (7) - Fixed a typo in the meaning explanation.

尽きる (48) - Made “to be used up” the primary meaning, added “to run out” as an alternative meaning, moved “to exhaust” and “to use up” to the allow list, added “to end” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

急騰 (53) - Added “sharp jump”, “sudden jump” and “spike” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

及ぶ (36) - Updated the meaning explanation and added two context sentences.

及ぼす (38) - Added “to cause” as an alternative meaning, moved “to reach to” to the allow list, added “to exert something” and “to cause something” to the allow list, updated the meaning and reading explanations, and added two context sentences.

18 Likes

Thank you, Jenny

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure if I read it completely right, but I assume the number in between parenthesis is the level of the item. If it is, ordinary (並) should be listed as 28, not 11. As I looked through the list I was thinking to myself “that’s a weird looking font for the kanji gold 金” haha.

1 Like

Thanks @ryqn! You’re absolutely right, and I’ve corrected it to 28. :eagle::eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you, Jenny! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you Kumi, er Jenny!
:smirk:

1 Like

Thanks, pal

3 Likes

Thanks all!

Please consider adding “us” as an alternative to 俺たち (I’ve been spending too much time lately focused on grammar topics, subjects, and objects, oh my!).

1 Like

I was wondering something. The kanji lesson for 稼 teaches the onyomi (か), but there is currently no vocabulary on WK that uses the onyomi. The two vocabulary items that exist use the kunyomi. So I was just curious why the onyomi is taught with the kanji lesson.

I’m not one of those people that know how to research things properly, but there seems to be a couple of common (common-ish?) words using the onyomi so it isn’t wasteful to learn it. But my experience with WK is that kunyomi would be taught in cases such as these.

1 Like

Thanks as always @Rrwrex and @MissDagger! We’ll look into those. :male_detective:t3:

3 Likes

1 Like