April 10 2020 Content Updates

Radicals

Football - updated name mnemonic

Kanji

久 - changed radicals to “slide” and “enter” and updated meaning and reading mnemonics

澄 - changed the main reading to す from ちょう, since the ちょう reading is very rare

堪 - changed the main reading to こらえる, since this is the most common reading, and updated the meaning and reading mnemonics

Vocab

実際 - added “reality” to meanings and updated meaning explanation

差す - added “to point at” to blacklist

離婚 - updated context sentence

放つ - added “to release” to whitelist

〜時 - moved “hour” and “time” to whitelist, updated meaning explanation, and changed one context sentence

交番 - updated meaning explanation and added “koban” to secondary meanings

小学校 - whitelisted “first school” for some UK peeps

中 - made “inside” the primary meaning, updated the meaning explanation, and changed two context sentences

間 - updated reading explanation cover both あいだ and ま readings

整える - made “to put in order” and “to arrange” the only meanings, and put “to prepare,” “to adjust,” “to tidy,” “to organize,” and “to get ready” on the whitelist. Updated the meaning and reading explanations and improved one context sentence translation.

澄む - updated the reading explanation

澄ます - updated the reading explanation

この前 - added “the other day” and “in front of this” to primary meanings, whitelisted “lately” and “previously”, and updated meaning explanation and context sentences

堪える - changed the main reading to こらえる, since this is the most common reading, updated the reading explanation, and moved “to stand” and “to put up with” to whitelist

合わせる - moved “to join,” “to unite,” “to bring together,” and “to unify together” to whitelist and updated meaning explanation

営む - fixed quotation marks in context sentence

御覧になる - updated meaning explanation

26 Likes

Glad this one was fixed since the original meaning explanation made it seem like the word was just thrown together randomly.

9 Likes

I love you, Jenny

11 Likes

Thanks, @TofuguJenny!! Awesome updates :raised_hands:

9 Likes

I love you too, Rachel

11 Likes

I just learned 澄 yesterday or two days ago and actually remembered the Ms Chou mnemonic… But when I reviewed it yesterday I got a nudge when entering ちょう and I had to look up the accepted answer. I didn’t find any update post at that time so I thought I might be going crazy because I was 95% sure that lucidity-ms Chou connection in my brain and possible (but not accepted) reading of this kanji could not be just a coincidence :sweat_smile: Glad I got my explanation now :smiley:

9 Likes

Yay update

4 Likes

Very nice!

4 Likes

no u

3 Likes

A-all of you should meet a-and discuss this further. F-for science.

2 Likes

if the primary meaning gets changed can i still put in middle or would that make it wrong? or is middle now just another possible answer?

1 Like

Heh. I see someone was paying attention the conversation that was being had about it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, Jenny.

2 Likes

That is still a secondary meaning, so no you won’t get marked wrong.

3 Likes

You can still put in middle and it will be accepted as a possible answer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Context pls?

2 Likes