Luminaries

After 187 days (half a year! :sneezing_face:), I’m back at leveling up. So close to that sweet lvl 51 that will mean I theoretically know all N3/N2 kanji. I hope this year the JLPT is not cancelled in my country.

6 Likes

Reached my lowered goal of level 42, let’s see how far I can get until May.
I guess I’ll be at about 46.

5 Likes

Just got to level 60… but I won’t update until I Guru everything…
がんばがんば頑張れ、土星組!

giphy

12 Likes

So I am a bit late to join, also considering the lunar eclipse is happening in almost a month.
But I love learning Japanese and I love learning Astrology, so this goes hand in hand.

BTW the Eclipse on May will not just be a normal Lunar Eclipse it will be a Super Blood Full Moon Lunar Eclipse, and it falls in the sign of Sagittarius.
In the Universe we have a thing called Lunar Nodes, basically an axis in the universe. These Nodes change Signs every 13 month, and are always in Retrograde and they are always in opposing signs.
Last year in May they entered the Sagittarius and Gemini axis, and when Full or New Moons occure on the axis where the Lunar Nodes are currently placed this is when a Solar or Lunar Eclipse happens.
I’m not going to go into full detail, because I could write a whole essay and I am sure that a lot of people don’t care so much about the astrological language behind the stars,
but Gemini and Sagittarius are both Sings of knowledge, studies, thinking, communcating, and other things in that direction.
So it is a perfect time for studying and learning something new.

Just thought I would add this info if someone was interessted (:

Replying to myself post level 60 name change~

Guru’d every kanji and all that’s left are three vocab I got after guru’ing the last one! The feeling is surreal…but I have to admit I’m looking forward to not having so many reviews per day… :sob: :rofl:

There’s no way I’m going to burn everything in a month so I should think of a more realistic goal for burns in time for the eclipse, but for now I’m going to lie here at the level finish line for a while. :relaxed:

Come on fellow 土星!! Do it for the durt planet!

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Just hit level 29. Thought I’d check in since I haven’t been stopping by so much since I’ve mostly just been reviewing while focusing more on grammar and conversation. It looks like I’ll finish only a little past the half way mark. Not gonna lie, I’m disappointed in my progress. Feel like I could have had a better run.

6 Likes

Just made it to level 60, just in time :smiley: Too bad I can not actually see the eclipse from where I live. I made a level 60 rant here if anyone is interested. Good luck to the rest of you, if you do not make it in time, try climbing the Tokyo Skytree instead!

7 Likes

Last level before this race closes 45 to 46 in 11 days 23 hours.
I failed my initial goal, but exceeded my new goal.
It was a pleasure :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Only 4 hours and 11 minutes until total lunar eclipse, and I can’t see it from Europe :cry:

1 Like

It’s gonna be very nicely positioned here where I am… provided the clouds which have rolled in roll back out again. Totality is 9:11-9:26pm.

There’s a live stream starting soon

5 Likes

It begins! How many people are scrambling to reach level 60 in the last sixty-odd minutes? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The idea of trying to compete with the moon is giving me flashbacks of Zelda - Majora’s Mask :joy:

5 Likes

Photo from the live stream

2 Likes

Yeah, I think calling that “total” is a little bit charitable. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It was totally more “total” a few minutes later after I captured that photo, I promise! Was just a silver lining left, so it wasn’t completely red/dark at the total “total”, hehe.

1 Like

I was watching it in the real world, and it never really got much more eclipsed than that. Though there were a few moments when it was covered by cloud…

2 Likes

Haha, at least you got to watch it :slight_smile: I realized it was not at all visible from my country :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

While I didn’t get to 60, I did manage to make it to reality which I was happy with. Given the slow increase in my level-up time I’m setting a new goal of the end of the year to make it to the finish line. I’ll probably continue to update the wiki with my progress here unless someone locks me out haha. Thanks everyone for the motivation!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.