Luminaries

I reconsidered using it and switched it to the 才 version so it has all kanji available under level 3.

3 Likes

Leveled up yesterday, yay! (I wonder why it doesn’t show up on the forum though)
I’m going to be at level 7 for a while, got to work on my apprentice items first.

5 Likes

It can take a day or two to sync. You can force it by logging off and back on from the forums.

3 Likes

Congrats on leveling up! Good on you for taking care of those apprentice items first. I didn’t do that and crashed and burned around level 51. Also I have 640 leeches currently so that is also a problem.

1 Like

What are leeches?

1 Like

Leeches are those review items that you always get wrong, and that just won’t stick. I think they’re called leeches because they leech your energy and time away for no good reason. Studying your leeches early on might be a pretty good thing to do. I think the self-study script has a mode where you can just focus on your leeches.

Also, I improved a little script that allows you to see your leeches and where they are.

3 Likes

Hello!
I am new to WaniKani and I want to make it to level 60 as I am finally trying to take my Japanese studies seriously. I took some very basic university courses years ago, but I was lazy and forgot everything. Now I want to get into self-studying (currently I use WaniKani, the first Minna no Nihongo book from my old course and Duolingo, I also like watching Doraemon on Youtube)
To keep myself motivated, I would like to join Team Saturn 土星
Is it okay, if I add myself to the leaderboard?

Greetings,
Natahoot

5 Likes

It is, but I don’t think you’re able to edit the wiki post yourself yet in order to add your name to the table.

I can do it for you if you want.

4 Likes

Thank you! That would be great. :blush:

1 Like

Alright, done. Welcome to the club. As you level up, you’re gonna want to edit it yourself with the current level so it’s up to date so if you reach member status soon you’ll be able to do that :grin:

1 Like

Cool! I’ll do that. Thanks again! :seedling: :turtle:

2 Likes

Welcome! We’ll be cheering you on all the way to the top! Good luck :wink:

2 Likes

I just realized I won’t be able to see the eclipse from my country. Guess I gotta go to Japan then.

7 Likes

What a great reason to go!

3 Likes

After much lurking, I mean deliberation I finally decided to join so that I actually have a goal to work towards.

Since Sailor Moon was one of my very first anime that I ever watched and I loved Sailor Jupiter I decided to join the 木星 team :blush:

9 Likes

Welcome to the Luminaries! I hope you’ll have a great time here. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: I figured it might be easier to stay motivated if I have other people around.

I find it very easy to look at how much I have left to learn and feel discouraged rather than appreciating how much I’ve done so far.

2 Likes

@Eternal-Illusion I edited the leaderboard to move you from the level 1-10 category to the 10-20. If you can’t find your name, this is why <3

Also I levelled up early this morning and am really happy we have this space to track our levels! Thank you @kitsunensei !

6 Likes

Woah congrats! Halfway through the first stage of pleasant! After that it’s screaming all the way down :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It is done.

Let’s just ignore the fact that 一 isn’t there. I never accidentally confused it for the number 一. Nope. No sirree, never happened.

It is surprising just how accomplished I feel right now. By around this time in my Anki streak, I had a few kanji up for review in a year’s time, but I never felt the same sense of progress I feel now. I guess having a specific goal to work to really helps with motivation.

Since there isn’t really an update schedule for the All-Burners, I guess I’ll update whenever I level up from now on.

25 down, 8856 to go. Hope to see you all at the eclipse.

4 Likes