🔉 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge (Summer Edition) 🏖

:sound: Listening Room: Date 20220826 :loud_sound:

Day LXVI: 音楽 :musical_score:

NHK video, all about POWERFUL music and how it works.

11 Likes

August 26th!

Today I had a class with one of my tutors, with lots of conversation practise but also a listening exercise where I had to listen to a conversation and then answer comprehension questions about it.

I also listened to an episode of Nihongo con Teppei for Beginners.

(Home Post)

10 Likes

Yesterday I binged a Netflix show about a guy who developed the ability to read minds because he was still a virgin at 30. Very campy and stupid, but fun. 7 hours later, I had watched the whole thing and I wasn’t even tired from consuming only Japanese the whole time (I had Japanese subtitles on)

10 Likes

August 26 :blossom: Home Post

I had class today so lots of listening (and speaking!) practice; it’s nice to have some more structured learning sometimes :grin:

10 Likes

:sound: Listening Room: Date 20220827 :loud_sound:

Day LXVII: Illegal Chopstick Manoeuvres :chopsticks:

NHK school vid, all about what you shouldn’t do with your chopsticks! :chopsticks:

Also played some Yakuza 6

10 Likes

August 27th!

I had a class with one of my tutors this morning where we did half an hour of free talk and then half an hour of grammar and reading.

I also watched the first 3 episodes of Season 3 of Teasing Master Takagi-san.

(Home Post)

9 Likes

Home post

LEDC
Week 9

8月26日

• さくら通信「ひきこもり」

8月27日

• さくら通信「選挙」

Finally started さくら通信 and I have to say, this thing is super fun to listen to. I haven’t learnt their names yet, but the one that is not さくらさん has a very natural and contagious laugh. They’re so silly and seem to be having a great time. It’s definitely hard for me and I also was listening to them while collecting resources on FFXIV so I wasn’t paying 100% attention, more like 70 or 80%. But still, I think I’ll listen to this one much more cause out of all the podcasts I have it’s probably one of the most entertaining.

9 Likes

August 27 :blossom: Home Post

Today I watched part of Orochi for one of my classes, which admittedly had English subtitles but I picked up a lot of extra information from the audio! It’s all like samurai speech so it was cool to get stuff like that :grin:

9 Likes

I have mostly been watching youtube channels I’ve already mentioned and relistening to audiobooks, but today I started the first episode of 古畑任三郎, a 90s detective drama recommended to me by a friend. I’m around 30 minutes in and I’m liking it so far. It’s funny how old shows from other cultures can have a nostalgic feel despite never having seen it before and being so different culturally. I had the same feeling reading 江戸川乱歩 for the first time.

On a tangentially related note, I feel like the early 2000s were a dead zone for media in America and that’s sort of how Japanese shows from that era feel to me too. Y2K just messed with the groove of things I guess.

10 Likes

August 28th!

I was out and about for most of the day today, but still managed to squeeze in a tony bit of listening - just one episode of Nihongo con Teppei for Beginners.

(Home Post)

9 Likes

:sound: Listening Room: Date 20220828 :loud_sound:

Day LXVIII: おいしい :carrot:

NHK Vid, how to make fried vegetables! I shouldn’t watch food videos before bedtime.

Also watched more Pokemon episodes today than a human adult probably should do.
:zap: :zap:

9 Likes

Home post

LEDC
Week 9
:confetti_ball: 8 6 % :confetti_ball:

8月28日

• さくら通信「トイレ」
9 Likes

August 28 :blossom: Home Post

I watched the rest of Orochi today which was fun semi-listening practice, but I also watched part of a let’s play so yay, more typical content! We’re getting there :muscle:

9 Likes

Still on track to finishing August with full checks. :smiling_face: One of my recent fave channels on YouTube is NEVER TOO SMALL, and the other day I happened to watch a video of theirs that featured a Japanese architect! I didn’t catch everything he said the first time around, so I made this video my listening practice for today, as well.

11 Likes

:sound: Listening Room: Date 20220829 :loud_sound:

Day LXIX: Dispense the cans of tasty :canned_food:

NHK vid, in the tech section.

All about the glory of vending machines and how they work.
(along with explanations for how other machines work too)

11 Likes

August 29th!

3 more episodes of Teasing Master Takagi-san today. Can’t believe I’m half way through season 3 already! I need to find something equally cute to watch once I’ve run out…

(Home Post)

10 Likes

Aug 30, Tue of Week 10 of Summer :beach_umbrella: 2022

I am now at HUNTER×HUNTER Ep.24. (Actually started Ep.25 a little.) Also finished manga Vol.3 as a companion, but my watching is further now.

Also, continued to watch かぐや様は告らせたい S3, now at Ep.4. Instead of having JP sub, I made sentence flashcards and tried to listen better (because I can’t see the sub in shortly advance). Honestly, it can be troublesome to pick out phrases sometimes.

8 Likes

Home post

LEDC
Week 10

8月29日

• さくら通信「地球最後の日」
9 Likes

August 29 :blossom: Home Post

I had class today so lots of listening, mostly related to geography and math :joy: it’s all relevant sometime!

9 Likes

:sound: Listening Room: Date 20220830 :loud_sound:

Day LXX: ちょっと。。。 :rocket:

NHK school vid, in the language section.

There’s an emergency situation at the high-tech NATA space institute. But how can the severity be conveyed in the appropriate manner? With the right intensifier words! It’s not just as is… it could be ちょっと or 少し or 超!

Also watched an episode of Pokemon :zap:

10 Likes