🔉 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge (Summer Edition) 🏖

:sound: Listening Room: Date 20220817 :loud_sound:

Day LVII: Holy miso soup from the Squid God :squid:

NHK school vid.

Luminous squid presenter and the golden Squid God show you how to make the perfect miso soup. But magical squid powers are not all one needs to make the perfect miso.

Time to call in the miso professionals! This time the miso is so good it needs to be celebrated with mini-squid backup dancers.

Still pretty difficult! :melting_face:

I think I’ve gotten used to the yokai names and some of the historic names due to reading so much about them, but there’s still tons of info to take in. Weapons/armour have so many stat boosters and what not, and the game doesn’t pull any punches with kanji. If it was just static like reading a book I think it’d be manageable to go through it slowly, but since it’s a game I’m finding it impossible to take in that much Japanese in such short spaces of time. I suppose it’s good practice for fast recall though.

But it’s great when there is a small string of writing and you can read it and parse it without translating it into English, just know what it means, and it’s like YES.
(Though again, like with Pokemon and 十万ボルト!, my brain seems to like best to latch onto mostly impractical Japanese)

12 Likes