🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Summer 2023 🏖 ☀

:house_with_garden: Home Post

:loud_sound: 8月21日
YUYUの日本語ポッドキャスト #91~92 (46 min)

:loud_sound: 8月21日
YUYUの日本語ポッドキャスト #93~94 (35 min)
こんにちは未来 #1 (24 min)

Casually coming back after a whole month :joy: . I actually fell off listening for a bit for the most part, I’ve been sorting my schedule and taking care of some stuff and whatnot as I mentioned briefly in the reading thread. But I’m now able to resume the early morning walks and eventually hopefully exercise as well, so that should open a fair amount of daily listening once again.

I was trying this podcast today, こんにちは未来, and to be completely honest I don’t think I understood much of it :joy: . I was zoning out, one of the hosts is the type of speaker that @Zakarius really, really likes: a mumbling middle-aged man. But hey, gotta work one’s way up to samurai movies at some point.

13 Likes

Anything but the mumbly old guys! :scream:

:laughing: :laughing:

Also, thanks for reminding me that this thread exists, I’ve been watching and listening things and playing Yakuza 0 but somehow forgot to post about any of it.

Sooo might as well update too, as for today, I watched episode 4 of the cute shark, and have been playing some Yakuza 0. I’ve just completed the fun insanity substory that is the shooreh pippi doom cult :grin:

Majima is a difficult one, he can be understandable, but at the same time completely incomprehensible. His accent is like gravy.

9 Likes

August 21st!

I had a bit of a rough day today. I managed to listen to an episode of Nihongo con Teppei for Beginners, but I had really hoped to do more today.

August 22nd!

An episode of JapanesePod101’s Lower Intermediate series today. It was about police boxes.

(Home Post)

11 Likes

I am currently rewatching Sasaki to Miyano and I understand way more than I did 5 months ago (or however long ago I watched it). It feels good.

9 Likes

:radio: :screwdriver: softlyraining’s old summer radio :desert_island: :headphones:

8月21日:Listened to an episode from Sayuri Saying about dressing for the summer in Japan.

8月22日:Watched the first episode of Komi Can’t Communicate. I’ve already seen the show before and thought it might be a good one to mine for some vocabulary. Just listened without subtitles for today, but maybe tomorrow I’ll go a-mining. :grin:

12 Likes

Aug 22, Tue of Week 9 of Summer Q3 2023 :beach_umbrella:

YUYU, 1 new episode

Rebuild podcast (16 min)

Aug 23, Wed

予言の島 : Epilogue to the end.

YUYU, 2 new episodes

9 Likes

:beach_umbrella: :sunny: Home post :snowflake: :droplet:

8月23日 (水)

日本語の聴解のためのpodcast (あかね) 24 (~6 min)
YUYUポッドキャスト 217 (~24 min)
A few Tobira audios (~4 min)
Tanabata Festival 七夕- Intermediate Japanese 日本語中級 (~6 min)

Time sure goes fast though - we are almost at the end of August, and it’s going to be 2 months since the challenge started, whew.

11 Likes

:loud_sound: 8月23日
こんにちは未来 #2 (24 min)
さくら通信 #21 (34 min)

10 Likes

Aug 24, Thu of Week 9 of Summer Q3 2023 :beach_umbrella:

コンビニ人間 restart to from the beginning, around 16 min.

YUYU, 2 new episodes

Kurzgesagt 1 episode, with JP sub. Just something YouTube recommends. Perhaps real listening will be tried and learnt on re-watching without sub, that is, not this time.

10 Likes

Today’s listening is a video of walk time with a very happy shibe! :dog2:

I understood a lot more of this than I thought I would, still relying on the JP subs but it feels like I’m not reading them as much.

10 Likes

:loud_sound: 8月24日
WONT #0~1 (44 min)
YUYUの日本語ポッドキャスト #95 (17 min)

Started a new podcast, again. Why not. 雑談. Seems nice and the hosts (two women) speak very nice and clearly. The only issue is that I tend to zone out occasionally and miss parts here and there, but I don’t mind much. The zoning out is part because of paying attention my surroundings and part being in the morning after waking up, which sometimes makes my attention not so good honestly :joy: .

12 Likes

Aug 25, Fri of Week 9 of Summer Q3 2023 :beach_umbrella:

Rebuild podcast (14 min). Skimmed through all related links first.

コンビニ人間 (0:16-0:43, 27 min). Read along sometimes, during public transport, so a little carsick.

YUYU, 2 new episodes

10 Likes

8月24日 (木)

Japanese with K 1 (~9 min)
日本語ペラペラ聞くだけで日本語会話が上手くなるラジオ (~13 min)

8月25日 (金)

できる猫は今日も有痛 - Episode 7
A few Tobira audios

I tried 2 new podcasts yesterday. The difficulty seemed good enough for me, but as usual, I’ll probably need to listen to a couple more episodes before I’m sure if I enjoy them or not. Today I’ve been mostly resting, so all I did was watch 1 episode of anime and study some grammar.

11 Likes

:loud_sound: 8月25日
WONT #2 (31 min)
さくら通信 #24 (31 min)

10 Likes

I keep forgetting to post :sweat_smile:
Still been listening every day though!

August 23rd
Today I watched the last episode of Season 1 of Shadow’s House. Its been a bit tougher for me to understand for the final few episodes since the story diverged a bit from the manga so I didn’t have any advance knowledge of what was happening to rely on. I could still mostly get the gist of what was happening though, though I went back and watch on part again in english to make sure!

August 24th
An episode of JapanesePod101’s Lower intermediate series today - the topic was Sports Day

August 25th
I had a class with my tutor today, we spoke about the differences in childcare for working parents in Japan and the UK and about poetry. We also did some N3 exam-style listening questions.

(Home Post)

10 Likes

8月25日 (土)

YUYU 219 (~18 min)
【N5-N4】Easy Japanese Listening with YUYU NIHONGO - YUYUの日本語Podcast / Japanese podcast for beginners (~9 min)
Traditions of Obon Festival お盆の風習 - Intermediate Japanese 日本語中級 (~7 min)
Okayama Vlog/Okayama in Japan (あかね) (~13 min)
A few Tobira audios (~5 min)

Busy day, with a lot of videos. Actually, I sprained my ankle on Thursday evening, so I’m replacing my podcasts during chores for youtube videos in bed for the next few days. I stared with some Yuyu, and ended up finding a collab between him and Shun while searching if Yuyu also had a youtube channel, which I enjoyed. I also listened to a nice comprehensible japanese video and one of Akane’s vlog, about Okayama. I think that I’ll look into some recommendations in the What do you listen to for Japanese practice? thread tomorrow.

11 Likes

:loud_sound: 8月26日
ゆるコンピュータ科学ラジオ #1 (23 min)
となりの雑談 #1 (25 min)
味な副音声 :定食 (17 min)

Today was another day of trying new podcasts. The first one is related to ゆる言語学ラジオ, which I had listened to before and liked it. This one is about computers instead of linguistics, so I’ll most likely like this one as well as I’m interested in both topics. The second one is another 雑談 podcast, two women talking about stuff; chill, though didn’t feel super engaging so I’ll be testing it shortly for an episode or two more and decide. Third one is about food, felt alright, though it needs more testing but still something I can see myself enjoying.

At this point I’ll ditch anything that I’m not super engaged with tbh, podcasts are literally endless, no point in listening to the ones I don’t feel strongly about. Like, I enjoy listening to most of these, but they don’t leave me with the feeling of actually wanting to listen to more or go through all of their episodes. Podcasts like YUYU do though, they do feel engaging to me, and those are the ones I’m trying to hunt down. I just need to find ones that are harder than YUYU but not super hard to the point I don’t understand half of what’s being said.

11 Likes

August 26th!

Today I listened to 2 episodes of JapanesePod101’s Lower Intermediate series.
One was about video games and the other was about describing a person you went on a date with.

(Home Post)

10 Likes

Aug 26, Sat of Week 9 of Summer Q3 2023 :beach_umbrella:

YUYU, 1 new episode

Aug 27, Sun

コンビニ人間 (0:43-0:54, 11 min)

YUYU, 2 new episodes

9 Likes

August 27th!

Today I listened to 3 episodes of Nihongo con Teppei for Beginners.
One episode was about morning, one was about remuneration, and one was about various types of Japanese (Polite, Casual, Keigo, etc).

(Home Post)

9 Likes