🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2023 🌼 🌱

Summary Post

May 23rd
What did I listen to?: Yakiniku for one
How much time did I spend listening?: ~9 min

May 24th
What did I listen to?: Akane goes to Kamakura
How much time did I spend listening?: ~17 min

This one made me so happy, I’ve been to Kamakura twice so I recognized a lot of things and places :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I would go there again even though I’ve been twice lol, it’s just so pretty there~

9 Likes

I started watching 勝手にふるえてろ and it’s actually pretty hard! Lots of fast speech, talking about nonsense, references to tv shows, etc. The slow parts are easy but the fast parts I’m hanging on only due to the Japanese subs.

That said, it’s super fun. Here’s the trailer:

It’s currently on Viki for anyone wanting to check it out.

8 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Day 55, 5 月 25 日 :herb:

:headphones: Back to my Home Post

:hibiscus: Comprehensible Japanese - 紙を使ってする動作
Suuuper long episode today, I had to pause a lot. But it’s about stationary again! Well, paper, mostly. Really interesting, as it asked the viewer to participate as well (using the TPR technique). Very fun!

10 Likes

May 25, Thu of Week 9 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

歴史 [76-77/90] - 世界恐慌

Places and names

Parade 3 - 6-11 [2/4].

9 Likes

Summary Post

May 25th
What did I listen to?: Akane goes to Enoshima
How much time did I spend listening?: ~12 min

A logical follow-up to the Kamakura video! I have not been to Enoshima, but now I want to go there, it seems chill :relieved: Also THE KITTY 御朱印帳 AKJHLJFKHSKDHDKS I need it, I love 御朱印 and I love kitties :face_holding_back_tears:

9 Likes

May 25th!

Another lesson today - I normally have 1-2 lessons in a week, but this week I got the opportunity to have 2 extra lessons with new teachers so I jumped on that chance!

Today I had a free talk session with one of these new teachers and it was really fun. We talked about the town I live in, and discovered that we had very similar tastes in manga so we compared our favourite characters from some of the series we had both enjoyed :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

9 Likes

25/05/2023 :fairy:t5: Home Post Link

Japanese with Shun - 1 ep

8 Likes

Been meaning to get some listening done but I could never get it in. Today I listened/watched Akane’s latest vid about a trip in Okinawa:

I feel I am way too over reliant on the JP subtitles, when reading them I understand about 80%, but if I look away and just listen it’s not even half that, like 35% or so. And that that I do pick up from listening always seems to be the same words/phrases. Come on brain, it’s time to learn some new words now.

Also, vlogs always seem to have a food section, which always makes me hungry. Now I crave the noodle but all I have is bread for lunch, perhaps if I were to procure some noodle for later… :thinking:

8 Likes

May 26, Fri of Week 9 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

Parade 3 - 12-15 [3/4].

歴史 [78-79/90] - 日中戦争

Places and names
8 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Day 56, 5 月 26 日 :herb:

:headphones: Back to my Home Post

:hibiscus: Comprehensible Japanese - 平日と週末
Nice video about the things people do differently on the weekdays and the weekend.

8 Likes

May 26th!

I had a lesson with my tutor today. We talked about the language exchange I went to last week, and she told me some funny stories about playing shiritori with some of her students. She also recommended I watch Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.
We did some exam style listening questions, and I got 3/4 right, but I needed to listen to 2 of them a second time before answering which obviously I wouldn’t be able to do in a test :grin: I’m definitely improving though!

(Home Post)

8 Likes

Summary Post

May 26th
What did I listen to?: Akane goes to Hokkaido on a business trip and discovers the CUTEST HOTEL EVER
How much time did I spend listening?: ~26 min

I started off just planning to watch the first video. I feel like it can be summed up with one word: xD
I was like, eh, ok, this is fine, nothing too exciting. But then.
But then suddenly I see
シマエナガ HOTEL ROOM :sob: :sob:
For those who don’t know, or don’t remember from the Read Every Day challenge, this is シマエナガ

81dfe43a689299c052cbfdac2274514a

The smallest, softest, roundest birb ever :pleading_face:
They were only there for a second, but a more in-depth video was teased, so I obviously had to go watch that video immediately. And I am dying, I am so upset that this was not going on while I was in Hokkaido, this is the CUTEST :sob: And we get to meet the man who makes the little シマエナガ decorations too, what a neat job :pleading_face: I love this hotel room so much, I want to go live there. I wonder if you got to keep the big squishy シマエナガ plushie. :eyes: I’m guessing probably not but I would hella buy it

8 Likes

26/05/2023 :fairy:t5: Home Post Link

I watched this video by 日本語の森 and only realized that I’d already seen it after 3 mins of watching lol

So I watched this video about 日本人が会話でよく使う言葉 instead. It was really interesting that I could uderstand most words and recognise some relatively new ones. I did rely a lot on the Japanese subtitles though, so I might want to stop doing that slowly as I watch/listen more. also really nice that they showed a context, conversation, and explanation of the word all in Japanese!

8 Likes

May 27, Sat of Week 9 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

歴史 [80-82/90] - World War II

Places and names
8 Likes

May 27th!

Another lesson today.
We talked above moving, as my tutor moved into a new apartment last week.
We also talked about other topics like our plans for the weekend and I learned some new Japanese idioms.

I also told him that I’ve been getting mixed up between ~にしては and ~にしても so we went over that together.

(Home Post)

8 Likes

Summary Post

May 27th
What did I listen to?: Akane goes to a cake store
How much time did I spend listening?: ~12 min

This video was good except for the massive random product placement/ad in the middle :upside_down_face: Not really a fan of the “commercial” vibe. Those cakes and donuts look delicious though and I want to eat them all especially the kuma cake :pleading_face:

8 Likes

I did 30 minutes with a new tutor yesterday as I want to focus on conversation. It was just daily life things so my understanding was about 95% but speaking was like 20%. “They” say if you consistently practice you will get better (which has been the case with reading and listening) so hopefully “they” are on to something with speaking as well.

8 Likes

27/05/2023 :fairy:t5: Home Post Link

Watched another video from 日本語の. I’m really enjoying this series, it’s pretty funny and also a nice idea to learn.

7 Likes

May 28, Sun of Week 9 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

歴史 [83-84/90] - 戦後の日本

Places and names

Japanese food history, why current food

Parade 3 - 16-20 [4/4].

8 Likes

Summary Post

May 28th
What did I listen to?: Akane goes to the supermarket in Hokkaido
How much time did I spend listening?: ~8 min

I don’t think I’ve ever seen udon, ramen etc. in refrigerated bags before :thinking: And it looks like you can just, like…eat it straight up from the bag?? …It’s probably a good thing that doesn’t exist here, I would eat it so much :eyes:

8 Likes