🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Fall 2022 🍁

Main post

On October the 26th I’ve listened to:

• Today’s NHK Easy News
11 Likes

October 26th!

Just one episode of Nihongo con Teppei today.
I’m hoping to do a bit more listening each day next month than I have been during October - I’ve just been super busy this month so its been hard to squeeze in much time where I can focus properly on listening.

(Home Post)

11 Likes

:fallen_leaf: :headphones: softlyraining’s leaf pile listens :maple_leaf: :studio_microphone:

October 26th:

Homework took over my life today, so I ended doing maybe a quarter of my normal Satori Reader practice and listened to maybe 4 minutes of a nihongo SWITCH podcast episode. I’ll try to revisit both tomorrow for more thorough practice.

11 Likes

October 27 :film_strip::chart_with_upwards_trend:

Nothing much to report, one more episode of Parasyte and some more pitch trainer (level 25 → 26) as seems to be my routine lately.

11 Likes

Relistened to the entirity of the JEES II JLPT N5 audio, started listening to the Genki I audio thingys from the back of the book.

10 Likes

Is this the anime that has the character みぎ? It’s how I remembered my left from right in Japanese. Really like that anime.

3 Likes

That’s it, yes. And I must say he quickly turned from scary and gross to kinda cute. :joy:

5 Likes

Ahh cool, enjoy! It was nice to watch something very different from the other anime I’d watched at the time.

4 Likes

:fallen_leaf: Day 27, 27th of October :maple_leaf:

:headphones: Back to my Home Post

Listened to an episode of comprehensible Japanese. It was about family relations. Also there was a part that I think meant the plural form of something? Can こども be either child or children, but こどもたち being always the plural form? Something to look up in my grammar study.

11 Likes

Main post

On October the 27th I’ve listened to:

• Today’s NHK Easy News
10 Likes

Oct 27, Thu of Week 5 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

Today, when I am about to watch an episode of HUNTER x HUNTER, I noticed that I didn’t have the generated sub yet, so…

I stopped watching and generated a new sub first (less than hour), before watching.

I listened to an interviewing podcast.

I also listened to Nihongo SWiTCH.

• Dialects
    • At least it is not as far as “different languages in Japan region”.
    • Perhaps I’ll be revisiting this topic later, focusing on the dialect understandable by most natives (標準語), for now.
10 Likes

Going to be really unambitious today as pushed for time and energy…

4 Likes

October 27th!

Today I listened to another episode of Nihongo con Teppei for beginners. It was pretty easy to follow :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

10 Likes

I listened to another chapter of 崩れる脳を抱きしめて | L36 and I’m puzzled by its rating of 36. Perhaps it will come swinging out of no where with some wild vocab, but so far it’s only a smidge of medical stuff and largely quite smooth, easy writing otherwise. I’d say it’s even easier than 仮面病棟 | L34 (which I think should be 32/33, but I digress) which is by the same author.

10 Likes

:fallen_leaf: :headphones: softlyraining’s leaf pile listens :maple_leaf: :studio_microphone:

October 27th:

Finished listening to yesterday’s podcast episode, as well as the story I was in the middle of on Satori Reader. The nihongo SWITCH episode was about opposing words whose kanji are put together to mean different things; for example, 右+左=左右. I think what I like most is the breadth of examples Iku gives for each kanji pairing: you get a pretty full sense of each one’s usage.

11 Likes

Half-term week. Was a really busy day with actual work and my unofficial Dad’s taxi work. Only managed to listen to a couple of minute long Genki dialog last thing at night. Though I did learn to pronounce 答えました as こーたえーました rather than こたーえました (which sounds really weird now I say it out loud!)

10 Likes

October 28 :film_strip::chart_with_upwards_trend:

Another episode of Parasyte (things are happening!) and more pitch training. I got from level 26 to 30, and I’m quite proud that I had two 30-card sessions with only one mistake each, and two more with only two. I haven’t had a perfect run yet, but close enough I guess.

11 Likes

I guess, I’m gonna join in extra late.

I have neglected my listening comprehension nearly completely. I am not able to understand Japanese at a natural pace even after about 4 years of studying.
Hope this keeps me at it for a while. I’m aiming for N3 in the next summer, so I have to catch up a bit.

Not sure what I will be listening to though.
Guess I’ll start with some videos YouTube recommends me today and look over what you guys did over the next few days.

Oct
01 02
03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Nov
01 02 03 04 05 06
07[?] 08[?] 09[?] 10[?] 11[?] 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
October Week 5/6 (Oct 28 - Oct 31)
  • 28th Oct
    • Watched a Persona 4 Let’s Play for 40 minutes
  • 29th Oct
    • Watched a Persona 4 Let’s Play for 40+ minutes
  • 30th Oct
    • Watched a Persona 4 Let’s Play for 40+ minutes
  • 31st Oct
    • Watched ~3 episodes Made in Abyss without subtitles
November Week 1 (Nov 1 - Nov 6)
  • 1st Nov
    • Watched a Persona 4 Let’s Play for 20+ minutes
  • 2nd Nov
    • Watched a Persona 4 Let’s Play for 20+ minutes
  • 3rd Nov
    • Watched a Persona 4 Let’s Play for 40+ minutes (mostly passiv)
  • 4th Nov
    • Watched a Persona 4 Let’s Play for 20+ minutes (mostly passiv)
  • 5th Nov
    • Watched a Persona 4 Let’s Play for 20+ minutes (mostly passiv)
    • Watched 15min of a Comprehensible Japanese video
  • 6th Nov
    • Listened and watched news from various sources for about 20min
November Week 2 (Nov 7 - Nov 13)
  • 7th Nov
    • Too tired: Only 2-3 V-tuber clips with Japanese subs
  • 8th Nov
    • Too tired: Only 2-3 V-tuber clips with English subs
  • 9th Nov
    • same
  • 10th Nov
    • same
  • 11thNov
    • same [actually that is just normal and no additional task]
  • 12th Nov
    • NHK news
    • Comprehensible Japanese [2 videos]
  • 13th Nov
    • Comprehensible Japanese [1 video]
November Week 3 (Nov 14 - Nov 20)
  • 14th Nov
    • Three Tadoku books of increasing difficulty
  • 15th Nov
    • One Comprehensible Japanese video [intermediate]
    • One Tadoku book [2]
  • 16th Nov
  • 17th Nov
    • One Comprehensible Japanese video at 1.1 speed [intermediate]
  • 18thNov
  • 19th Nov
  • 20th Nov
Current goto-resources
  • Comprehensible Japanese Slowly and clearly spoken 10min videos. Probably a bit too easy [My level: Intermediate]
  • Tadoku free books [My level: 2]
Tested resources
Further testing
Rejected resources
  • Made in Abyss (Anime): Early on rather simple, gets pretty difficult and too fast paced after some episodes. Starting with the descend
  • NHK Easy: While understandable, I can not stand the artificial voice
Resources to test

Sorted by priority

Stats

Current Streak: 3
Longest Streak: 10
Total day learned: 13
Last Updated: 13th November

12 Likes

:fallen_leaf: Day 28, 28th of Otober :maple_leaf:

:headphones: Back to my Home Post

Just some Supernative today. Just because the clips are short doesn’t mean the activity isn’t energy intensive. When you have no context for the words because you’re missing vocabulary, then it really will be just a word salad.

11 Likes

Main post

On October the 28th I’ve listened to:

• Today’s NHK Easy News
  • Nihongo con Teppei for beginners episodes 664-669
11 Likes