Level 60- I made it

Still great :grin:

Thanks a lot; it seems like I’m on the right track. I’m starting to read some Manga (still have to look up a TON of words, but well… I’ll keep going) :smile:

2 Likes

What an inspiration!! Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congrats! This is so moving!

1 Like

Congrats! What a great accomplishment! I think I accidentally got your cake tonight but sorry, my husband ate the last of it, haha!

1 Like

Congratulations on making it to 60! But even better that you found your passion in life. I fear there are many people who have not found that and are working those dead end jobs believing they’re not good enough or don’t deserve better. (much like you experience for a while)

Keep sharing your story with others, it’s very motivating and inspirational.

1 Like

Congrats! :grin:

1 Like

Congrats! I’m glad you enjoyed One Piece and studying so much that you came so far.
よく頑張ったね

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s so great to hear how Japanese language and culture is changing someone’s life. I wish you the best with your study! It’s going to be hard, but you’ve been through that (learning Japanese). You might fail more, but you’ve been through that too. What doesn’t kill you make you stronger-- and you’ve been through that too! (:

1 Like

It took that long for you to finish Wanikani? Congratulations ! That sounds the most realistic one can achieve in that amount of time! I hope to get to that level one day. Been here since January 2019 and currently level 6 as of this post. I’m hoping with time and dedication it will get me to reach that level!

2 Likes

Woah, that’s so beautiful! Great story…

Learning Japanese helps me a lot as well, to bring more balance and happiness in my life. (The wanikani tool helps for sure :slight_smile: )

Does it have to do with the Zen heritage, the poetry sometimes found in kanjis, the fact that studying them balances both brain hemispheres, as it is language + images …? Idk, probably all of that. I so love that process.

Congrats man!

1 Like

Congratulations.

1 Like

おめでとう‼ (^ - ^)

2 Likes

Congrats!!! Good luck on your studies in the UK!

1 Like

@benjackson2687, your journey with Japanese is such an inspiration! :heart_eyes: Congratulations for your achievements :clap::clap::clap: We are happy for you!

1 Like

So glad for you. Keep in mind that failing something is not the end. And it certainly don"t erase the qualities you have.
Your story reminds me the first time I really tried to read a book in English. I had lessons during school but I was not really good. Then I found some books that I enjoyed but the translation from English to French was so slow that I couldn’t wait so I decided to go for the original. It was hard at the beginning with a book in one hand and a dictionary in the other but it proved to be the correct thing to do.

1 Like

Congratulations!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.