Level 60 after many years of bumps and resets

Honestly can’t believe I’ve finally gotten here. I first sub’d to WK back in the carefree year of 2017. Back then I had decided (yet again) to learn Japanese and this time it was serious. However a lot of life started happening, backing up reviews, etc. so IIRC (it’s been so long now hard to remember) I did a reset, then 2020 happened and that sorta sucked the life out of me for a while and I dropped Japanese again for almost a year before this last reset I did in October of 2020 and now I’m finally here. Needless to say I guess I’m glad I got a lifetime pass because it’s been a long-ass road.

With WK I’ve also gone through textbooks, moved to Japan and did lang school for a bit before getting a job here, and got my N3 this most recent JLPT, now studying for N2.

I’m gonna keep on going through WK until I get everything burned I think, might as well.

It’s crazy to look back and see how much my Japanese has improved over this time. I’m still on the struggle bus most days, but it’s great how much easier it is to pick up a manga, play a game, etc. than it used to be.

57 Likes

Congratulations!! Well done you!

5 Likes

Congratulations!~

2 Likes

Hey Daphx! おめでとうございます!!!You had some hiccups along the road (who doesn’t?) but you persevered and made it to the top of kanji mountain!

bocchiclap

Keep up the great work, congrats on the N3, and good luck sitting the N2. You’ve got this, and we’ve got your back!

-Nick at WK

12 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

That’s what we do it for!!

Congrats on lvl 60 and N3 :smile:

2 Likes

Amazing job, congratulations :smiley:

2 Likes

Big congrats! :partying_face: :tada:

1 Like