1799 day slow-run to 60

Signed up for WK in September of 2017, during my first semester at University (studying Japanese), and upgraded to a Lifetime membership later that same year (holiday sale!). From the picture below it is evident that I saved a lot of money getting the lifetime plan :sweat_smile:. I studied in Japan from September 2019 to February 2020 (dodged covid :mask:), and had the time of my life (although I slacked on WK at this time, ironically). After graduating in late spring 2020 the only real Japanese studying I kept doing was WK, until this summer when I decided to push through, and I’ve worked through the Shin Kanzen Master N2 series (aiming for the JLPT later this year). I’ve also finally started reading Japanese novels and actually being able to (without too much trouble) has been the boost I needed to keep going forward! :books:

53 Likes

Congratulations! :crabigator: :cake:

1 Like

Huge props for powering through! :cake:

Slow mode is really my kind of WK mode, and I think it’s fantastic that you got to study in Japan right before 2020 unfolded. I also visited JP right around that time (December → January 2020) and absolutely want to visit again. Here’s hoping it will eventually happen (I will probably finish WK sooner, though :smiley:)

Best of luck on your ongoing JP journey.

3 Likes

Congratulations.

1 Like

Congratulations! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Congrats!! I started WK a month before you, and got to level 60 around April 2021. I still haven’t been to Japan, so I’m jealous of your experience, especially with the pre-pandemic timing!

1 Like

This is very cool. I would be ahead of my expectations to be reading a novel 5 years from when I began studying. You should be proud.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Persistence is a commendable but uncommon virtue.

2 Likes

congratulations! i have huge respect for anybody who sticks to something for this long!

2 Likes

Congrats on making it to 60! Like others have said, especially well done for sticking it to it after many years! Good luck on the JLPT and the rest of your learning journey!

2 Likes