Level 21 before 2021!

Yeah at 10 days a level that takes me up to 5th January 2021 (Used WK Stats to find that out) Should totally be doable!

3 Likes

Welcome!

You probably have to sign out from Wanikani (the main page, not the community) and sign in again to get the avatar to show the correct level.

Love it! Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

I’m so glad I came across this thread! It seems so active and welcoming, and I’d really like to join.

Like quite a few others I’ve seen on here, I started WaniKani a while ago (about 3 years, yeesh), made it to the early 20’s and then burned out and didn’t come back for 2 years. So some weeks ago I reset from Level 1 and restarted the whole journey - but even though I KNOW I burned out last time, I’ve still been racing through the levels, averaging just under 8 days each.

Seeing and reading this thread has reminded me that going slower is ok, even good, so hopefully you guys will be able to hold me back from rushing :innocent: slow and steady wins the race after all

9 Likes

That is exactly what I thought when I stumbled across this thread earlier today! It’s kind of encouraging knowing that you’re doing with other people I think.

2 Likes

Agreed! And when I originally joined I remember always seeing comments about how the community is one of the best things about WaniKani, but at the time I was sort of too shy to post. This time around I’d like to get more connected to the lovely people on here

7 Likes

Yeah you definitely should! I’ve not been on here long, a little over a month now, and I find myself visiting this more than WK itself :sweat_smile: I’ve never been active on any forum ever really, but I wanted to get involved on this one because everyone seemed so nice!

6 Likes

I don’t know if I already commented but just wanted to clarify that I’m in! I’m building momentum!

3 Likes

And also it says I’m still level one. Does it say that on everyone else’s also?

1 Like

I’m Level 3 right now and I’m not yet completely familiar with the timelines. It’s mid-May, but WaniKani says you could get to level within a year. Might be for going real fast, but with 7 1/2 months left in the year, is this pretty slow or is this just about realistic?

Would be cool to join in, though!

3 Likes

ウィ・キャン・ドゥ・イット!

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Recently discovered this archived thread for visual representations of the old Wanikani mnemonics. They don’t fully match the current ones but still solid gold haha :ok_hand:t4:
https://community.wanikani.com/t/wk-mnemonics-visualization-gallery-%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%E0%B9%87%CA%95%E2%80%A2%CD%A1%E1%B4%A5%E2%80%A2%CA%94-%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%89/10464

qsuz0e sv1rw

4 Likes

Welcome back!

Yes! This is a marathon, not a sprint!

3 Likes

Yes, please jump in!

Those who get to level 60 in a year are very visible. You don’t see those who don’t make it. There are also many who go fast, burn out along the way and reset.

This thread is meant as support for those who are in the low levels 1-20. If you finish them in 20 weeks, then you can hang out here with us for 20 weeks. If you need more time then that’s OK too. There are 33 weeks left in the year so if you want to go for level 35 then you can do that too! Everyone is welcome here.

3 Likes

Yes, I see you as level 1 too. You have to sign out of WaniKani (the main site, not the community) and sign in again to get your avatar number to update.

Hi Mari! I just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on your advances! You are so close now to the mid part of your goal. Good luck!

I recently came back to wanikani full speed, but my goal for next year is reaching lvl 40 at least. The reviews are getting annoying again, but I hope I can make it. I just wanna be lvl 60 and be over with this lol.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Good luck! Please don’t go too fast and burn out on the way! Slow and steady wins the race.

1 Like

did it work?!

edit: oh no :frowning: oh well. i think when i get to level 11 it’ll update

2 Likes

Another 24h extra wait for that last kanji, bless my luck :joy_cat:

Oh well, still a decent enough pace, so all’s well that ends well :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

1 left? That’s so annoying! You’ll get there tomorrow though.

2 Likes