Level 21 before 2021!

I haven’t transitioned to Skytree as my goal for this thread (25) still isn’t achieved. I’m not sure if I will continue on to that one after, as I really need to consolidate the levels I’ve unlocked, as it’s pretty overwhelming atm, and my percentages are bad.

Plus I get to stick around and root for you guys! :grin:

5 Likes

Level 19. I’m so tired.

7 Likes

Did you only just join WaniKani this fall? How have you done this? :fearful:

2 Likes

you can do it!!! you’re so close!!!

2 Likes

I joined in August. I had prior knowledge.

3 Likes

Congrats on the level up :grin: and good luck with the target Mikey san :slight_smile:

tenor64

3 Likes

よくやった Dan san :ok_hand:

tenor65

3 Likes

Of course you can pnnadiri san :slight_smile:

We also have a sister thread called “Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree” Most of the folks you see here are in the below thread as well. You can directly join the below thread. Edit the first post on the link below and add yourself by copying one of the lines and filling in your details. Let us know if you face any trouble :slight_smile:

2 Likes

素晴らしいです herjeon san :metal: Congratulations on your graduation

tenor66

4 Likes

How is everyone this weekend?

3 Likes

Psst… You can do both :wink:

As I tend to say, the aim of this thread or Skytree thread is to provide a goal, motivation and momentum. Having a goal makes it easier to find motivation which makes it easier to build momentum. If the goal fits your pace, awesome. If not, modify the goal to fit your pace and still follow along so that you can enjoy the benefits. At no point should one over pace themselves to reach the goal as it will eventually backfire on us.

Also, good call on consolidating your levels so far :slight_smile:

tenor67

3 Likes

It is okay to slow down ikorneta san :slight_smile: We are in for the long run. When you are tired it is better to take a breather than burn out and drop out.

Maybe you can temporarily pause the lesson and focus only on reviews? If you don’t mind me asking, how many apprentice items do you have?

The key point is take care of yourself first (physical, mental health etc.). Then focus on Japanese :slight_smile:

These are all suggestions, so please pick or discard as you wish.

5 Likes

I’m horrified by the fact that it’s already the weekend. I feel like I didn’t get anything done!

3 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:

Feels like I need one more day to unwind.

2 Likes

I currently don’t have a job so it’s up to me to create my own structure to work on my projects to help GET a job and it’s not going well! I’m thankful that I am in this situation because I know a lot of people are doing a lot worse, but I feel like I’m wasting a lot time ~.~

I hope that your situation isn’t too bad and that you’re able to relax as much as possible with what’s left of the weekend!

3 Likes

I hope you find your structure soon @tetraflu0ride . It need not be perfect. You can start doing a few things and tweak things day after day after looking at results.

I appreciate your positive attitude. At the same time, please do not compare your burdens with others and think of them as any less. All of us have troubles that are huge for us, just because someone else cleared a similar trouble doesn’t make our burden lighter for us. While feeling guilty is a normal human emotion, please cut yourself some slack :slight_smile: Rest while you can, work while you must.

My situation isn’t bad. There are just too many things to do and I want to completely relax/sleep one day, completely have fun on second day and do all the maintenance/life works on day 3 :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement; it means a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really like “rest while you can, work while you must”! Let’s continue to do our best!

4 Likes

Oh, I’m so sorry, I made you worried and made you write out all that text… you really shouldn’t have. I absolutely gave myself permission to slow down if I see the reason to. :slight_smile:

I’m currently standing at 101 Apprentice / 606 Guru / 783 Master / 1507 Enlightened / 0 Burned , and 0 new lessons / 0 reviews. Today I level up the Level 19 radicals and the first batch of Level 19 kanji to Apprentice IV. I actually pretty like this level - so far, it seems to be arranged around kanji/words that made its way to the West, like zaibatsu, kombu (-cha), kaizen, or Ran, the title of that Kurosawa movie :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

One more lvl till I reach my goal of 11 before 2021, so close!

5 Likes

No worries ikorneta san :slight_smile: