Let's Play (Watching) Club: Little Nightmares Home Thread

Sounds good to me. Also, that series is really short (5 episodes, 2h30 of content) which makes it a good target for a test run.

I can start as early as right now. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

This seems really interesting, I subscribed to their channel as I sometimes enjoy lets plays and they seem fun. I would like to join you guys but their speech is waaay out of my level atm.

That’s where the subtitles would come in handy though :slight_smile: (Not trying to coerce you or anything, just pointing that out)

3 Likes

Oh yea I tried reading them but they talk so fast I cant even read in time (I know you can pause but it would take too long and take the fun out of watching a game)! I think for now I am better off reading easier books and stuff, and hopefully I can join you guys when I improve :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I totally get that :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, what would need to be done, if we’re to follow the book club pattern, would be to set up a schedule, create a master thread, a spread sheet and then a thread for each week?

Since it’s web based there’s no need to wait for people to order physical products, but maybe it’s a still a good idea to give people a heads up and some time to join in etc?

6 Likes

You can watch at 0.5x speed, for instance. That might be less annoying than pausing :thinking:

2 Likes

That would be the standard pattern. For the schedule and starting date, it could be possible to make polls.
Specifically: is one video a week fine? Too slow? Too fast?
Starting now? Next weekend? Next next weekend ? Other?
That kind of thing.

I think this thread can be the master thread, as long as you edit the OP.

5 Likes

OK, updated post with new polls!

2 Likes

I SEE POLL IN TITLE O:<

Must resist the urge to POLL >w<

4 Likes

I thought this was the POLL thread at first :confused:

much confusion

4 Likes

I was ignoring this thread because my brain only registered poll in all caps, and I was thinking “I’ll catch up with the POLL thread again later today.” :laughing:

4 Likes

I have now de-POLLified the title!

7 Likes

Otherwise you’ll keep getting confused POLLers going

7 Likes

Probably more importantly, you’ll also keep away everyone who specifically avoids the poll thread :sweat_smile:

I was kind of ignoring this because apparently I’ve strongly aligned myself with being A Reader??! And also I’m atrocious at listening so why would I ever do it? hi logic But actually in the space of ten seconds reading through the thread I got super excited about the idea :grin:

I’ll have a sneak peek at the video when I’m home from work to see if it’s vaguely plausible for me to watch it, but assuming so I’m in ^^

Just looking through the video uploads, I’m unlikely ever to have the time to commit to a series which has videos substantially over 30 minutes, just btw for future reference. And I agree with Nath (I think it was?) that I bet we’d all be better at stopping ourselves from watching ahead if we picked active series :grin:

7 Likes

Polls always make me feel like things are happening! Excitement!

6 Likes

Watched the first five minutes :grin:

Understood nothing :grin:

I’m in! :grin:

8 Likes

Can people still join this? Because it sounds really interesting ^^

2 Likes

Of course! We’re still just planning! :slight_smile:

By the looks of it we’ll start this saturday.

3 Likes

I just watched the first episode a bit in advance, since I won’t have time this week-end.
I don’t know who is checking the subtitles, but I just noticed that 空気 (atmosphere) got transcribed as クッキー, which makes no sense :stuck_out_tongue:
Speaking of cookies atmosphere, it’s quite terrifying indeed :sweat_smile:

4 Likes