Kanji drawing

Hi there!
Long time lurker, I’ve been using WaniKani for months, and despite being really slow, I’ve been making good progress because this site is amazing (at least it works great for me).
Now, I’m sorry if that question was asked before, but will Wanikani integrate stroke order for Kanjis? I’m using third party sites for it and thought it would be a great addition to the app.
Thank you for your time and sorry for the bad english, it’s not my mother tongue.

3 Likes

It is highly unlikely that WaniKani would add that. WaniKani wants you to focus on the larger parts of kanji (what they call “radicals”) rather than individual strokes.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

1 Like

You can use the Stroke Order Diagram userscript

9 Likes

Wanikani says why they don’t teach it on their Wiki: Does WaniKani teach stroke order? | WaniKani Knowledge

2 Likes

Can confirm that this is the best script ever, and if you don’t know how to use scripts, this is how I learned: Visual Guide on How To Install A Userscript

A total gamechanger.

ETA: Woops, meant to reply to OP, sorry.

2 Likes

How often do you find yourself using this feature? I have it too but don’t use it for every kanji unless I’m taking the time to think “oh man how would I draw that?” I think I tend to try to get through lessons a little faster than is effective so I’m curious to hear how enthusiasts of this script fit in their stroke order practice.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s awesome ^^

2 Likes

Thank you for the documentation! Feel bad that I didn’t find this earlier…

2 Likes

I give credit to @looki, the creator of the userscript

2 Likes

I use the script with every kanji lesson. It’s very conveniently placing the diagram right under your lesson.

I draw the kanji with my finger in front of my keyboard. It helps me slow down, It helps me remember, it helps me anchor the stroke order rules, it helps me remember, it helps me decompose into radicals and it’s fun!

My keyboard is on a foam block covered with soft fleece so I can actually see what I’m drawing temporarily. Great script!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.