Just having a small problem dealing with something

WTAF??!?

2 Likes

You’ve never heard of this? It’s the job of checking if the chicks are male or female and sorting them when they hatch.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Female chicks = good.
Male chicks = insta-killed by way of grinder.

2 Likes

Male chicks = chicken nuggets…

1 Like

I mean, I guess it has to exist, and I guess JMDICT is trying to be as complete as possible, but it was still really unexpected.

You mean, they get tranferred back to the Professor in exchange for candy.

12 Likes

How’d you get hung up on that one when just 3 down below it was:

“sexing (of chickens, silkworms, etc)”

SILKWORMS AND ET CETERA…

:scream:

5 Likes

ET CETERA!!!

Seriously though, I saw that one and thought that two call-out boxes would be too audacious for the WK forums… Forum decorum is important, right?

1 Like

The Japanese are the ones who came up with a reliable way to sex day-old chicks and set up a school to teach this somewhat obscure art; you can read a bit in this short article: Zen Nippon Chick Sexing School

2 Likes

I’d like to think that’s 禅 rather than 全.

6 Likes

Was just watching 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown tonight, and managed to make “sexer” for 5 out of the letters. Good job, me!

Honestly, a very illuminating article, thanks for sharing! :bulb: :+1:

The next time someone asks me what studying Kanji is like, I’ll let them know that differentiating the fine details between 士 and 土, or 末 and 未, is a little bit like the delicate art of speed-reading chick cloacas. :hatching_chick:

2 Likes

Funnily enough, Chick Cloacas is the name of my stage persona in my riot-grrl punk band!

1 Like

Yeah I read this article a while ago, too. Who knew it would be so difficult, it would require a formal education!

I thought they went on vacation…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.