JLPT 2019!

Well, I passed N3. Happy to pass, but I am kinda disappointed, since I was expecting at least 140 score. Understand me, I have been preparing for this for so loooong…

To the people who got 140+ score on N3: how did you manage to get to it ?

I really want to understand what is wrong with my studying method or I will never be able to get N2 next year.

Obviously, I need to practice more my listening, but I am surprised about the reading section. Well still happy, but since I want to improve, 教えてください。

26 Likes

Congratulations! And to think you were so pessimistic about it. You put a lot of effort in, and it paid off!

5 Likes

Wow you and I had almost exactly the same result. You had me beat on the listening by 1 point. I’ve also been studying about 1.5 years lol.

23 Likes

I passed n4 finally :grinning: :grinning: I’ll go for N3 in june

This was me in August, in this same post:

Summary

27 Likes

The first place I lived in Japan (25 years ago) was Kasama, and I used to go into Mito to go to the “big smoke”. I am sure it is very different now.

2 Likes

I didn’t passed the N4 ! But it’s ok, this is only more fuel to the fire :fire:

Congratulations to everyone who passed ! And for those who didn’t achieved their goals yet, lets work harder this year!

31 Likes

Passed N4 after failing N3 two years ago, which gives me confidence to push for N3 again this December. Slow and steady wins the race for me, I guess :sweat_smile:

29 Likes

I passed my first ever JLPT! Just barely, but still! It counts! 106/180 on the N3! I’m a long way from being ready for N2… but I’m still going to take it in July lol

27 Likes

I passed N5! However, I didn’t do as well as I would have liked.

Could someone please explain “Reference Information”? I got all A’s but don’t think the overall score reflects an A mark :laughing:

Congratulations to all who passed!

20 Likes

Failed N5 - passed both sections but needed 14 more points to pass overall. I find the scoring/results system a little suboptimal though, as I don’t know if i got 14 easy questions wrong or a few harder questions. That would be interesting information for me. Gutted I only got a B on vocab though! Oh well, it was my first JLPT so looking forward to July! Well done all who passed!! :smiley:

16 Likes

The As mean you got over 67% in each section. Well done!
https://www.jlpt.jp/e/guideline/results.html

10 Likes

My understanding is that as it is weighted, its really hard to tell how many you did get wrong. I believe as long as you actually got over 30-something% correct, then the rest of the mark is weighted. If everyone found it hard and most people only scored 40% correct and one person scored 45% correct, in theory, that 45% person could get full marks 60/60 (or 100%) for listening even though technically everyone did pretty badly. The marks they give are not the amount of questions you got correct but more of where you placed amongst other examinees.

6 Likes

First time sitting the JLPT and…

…I’ll take it :sweat_smile:

合格は合格ね

33 Likes

Failed N3, maybe next time. Congrats to everyone who passed!

13 Likes

This was exactly my thoughts! I thought I failed for sure because I guessed two pages worth of reading which is pretty insane. I still can’t believe I managed a pass. Here’s hoping the next N2 reading sections won’t be as brutal for those retaking.

5 Likes

Well, I failed N4 by only one point!

However, I did confuse myself on the first section, thinking I had time I didn’t have. This resulted in a massive chunk of answers left blank because I was nervous and going so carefully (my first JLPT attempt). I was caught unawares and didn’t even get to guess bubble. I corrected my speed for the reading section and finished early (with an A). Had I better understood the pace I’m confident I would have passed.

Overall I’m satisfied I think. It seems I failed for misunderstanding the pace, rather than for lack of understanding of the Japanese.

I’ll be better off against the N3 for this though! Onward and forward!

17 Likes

Yup. I’m surprised I passed but if that was either of the last two tests I would’ve have passed with a much higher score, I’m sure. I remember going to the last question in 読解 because that is usually a quick and easy mark every time and I just sat there for 10 mins just trying to decipher the thing before I could even begin to try answering the questions. Even the vocabulary had some difficult question, I got an A for that section in July but ended up with a B this time, even after another five months study. What? Can’t wait to see what nightmares await in N1.

Oh well, it is what it is. I wish I could’ve got a higher passing mark, but you take what you can get,

8 Likes

Failed N2 again. I think i’m going to quit attempting the JLPT and start just enjoying reading more fun stuff.

21 Likes

Failed N4
Feeling oddly motivated

23 Likes

Managed to pass N5 with a decent (if not quite good) score. I was really worried about the listening section, as I often need to hear things twice in normal conversation (it takes me a while to tune in), but I managed to scrape by.

Wanikani definitely boosted my kanji score so much.

Commiserations to those who missed out at all levels - you will definitely do it next time!!!

15 Likes