Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge

Since it’s a set phrase, I would say not really or at least not in this context. Notice how it’s used here: https://blog.goo.ne.jp/k2000213/e/2b0a28954f2fbbc0ce512efe1ce26829
It’s an expression of gratitude or being humbled by someone’s good care. So when you address someone with it, that’s fine, but if talking about being treated by someone to something, I think there is a couple of other phrases that fit better.

I think I’ve seen somewhere the present tense also being used, but the meaning is slightly different so definitely not for this context :slight_smile: . Actually, in this context I would suggest the present tense of: https://jlptsensei.com/learn-japanese-grammar/ばよかった-ba-yokatta-meaning/
or using any of the “should” constructs.

2 Likes

ジョニー・イェンが入ってくるよ、お酒と麻薬をもって
肉機械共に
きっと彼がストリップテぃスをする
おい手前、どこあのローションを買った?
また起きた時から、貪っている
何か恋愛という物ついて、
うん、何か恋愛という物
さぁ、鶏らを催眠術するのように
俺が近代的な男だけ
勿論耳にしたことがある
そして、生きるために欲望がある
だって、生きるために欲望がある

今日、友達の結婚式で着るためにもっとフォーマルな服を買いに行きました。私は普通にそんな服を着ませんから、友達が案内してアドバイスをしてくれました。

でもねぇ、服は高いですよね~
貯金がなくなってしまいました。

もうちょっと、Tシャツだけ買おうと思います。

Kinda proud of this one, ngl.
Even though it feels like it’s N5 level. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Thats awesome! In my limited knowledge I cant find any errors except I think 買おう was a typing error?

2 Likes

Nope, that’s just the volitional form :slight_smile:

When combined with と思う it means “I think I’ll …” - in this case “I think I’ll buy only T-shirts”

3 Likes

高校の時です.先生は最終日でみんなに特別のプレゼントを与えますと言いました.あの日みんなが先生の到着を静かにして待っていました.プレゼントは何にと察っする出きますか?

レポートカードでした!

During high school, the teacher had told us that he would give us all a present on the last day of school. We were all waiting quietly on that day. Can you guess what the present was?
Grade cards!

1 Like

Pretty good, I’d just combine these sentences to make it more natural.

高校の時(に)、先生は…

1 Like

放していただけませんか?
あの言葉が内にある、痛めていましすぎる
俺は何かしたいと告げるのが好きな人型じゃない
俺は何かお前がだけしたがってるのが必要人型じゃない

今朝はお前を見て、知ったがるかもしれないと思った
3日以前に、お前のメッセージを詳しく受けた
言った毎言葉を分かった
そして俺が現に聞いたら、お前が悲しもう
俺は何かお前がだけしたがってるのが必要人型じゃない
お前が鳥と蜂ついて言いはいらない人型だよ

1 Like

What’s this one supposed to be?

“Age of Consent” by New Order from their incredible album Power Corruption and Lies which you should hear right now if you haven’t

1 Like

痛すぎる? From 痛い.

“I want to do something”

したいこと “things I want to do/what I want to do”

Human model/type, e.g. 人型ロボット android

タイプ type (of person)

知りたがる? From 知りたい.

数日前に a few days ago

“Let’s be sad”

後悔するぞ “you will regret it”

I’d add に before ついて.

It’s an ok song. If you want feedback, it’d be ideal if you added a link to the song in the future.

I tried to look it up from my translation, but there’s a lot of songs about letting go, and the three days ago part didn’t help because it wasn’t in the original lyrics.

2 Likes

今日、仕事のあとで日本の授業へ行った。先生は「キミの問題、今は分かっている。聞く練習が必要だ!」と言った。そうだと思って家に帰ったらvTuberの配信を観るつもりだった。そう。結局配信を観る代わりにドイツ語を勉強しはじめた。大失敗だ。 :man_facepalming:

いや、夜中までは1時間ぐらいだから、絶対一つ以上の配信を観たい!

3 Likes

Thanks! I am still trying to learn the right amount of stacking in Japanese. It seems to be different than most languages.

2 Likes

I think you can stack pretty much infinitely, but you can’t break the flow, so no multiple は topic markers, だ doesn’t fit everywhere, etc.

By the way, I saw the レポートカード earlier. Someone else might be able to comment on how common it is, but I remember 成績表 has the same meaning.

2 Likes

日本語が上手だ後には別の言語を学びたい.やっぱり他の言語が日本語より,勉強する安いでしょう!

3 Likes

Dec 1, Thu of Advent 2022 :christmas_tree: :jp: writing prompt

実は元々アドベントカレンダーとかが分からないですが、どうやら、このイベントに乗りかけるのが決まりました。

書くほうがいいですが、録音はなんかもっと勢いがあり、もっと易しいになります。書きはまだ時間が取って、時間に無駄使いと思います。ですが、書けば訂正が便利になると思います。

どうか、音声が文章に変わりますなら、いいでしょう。

今日も、久しぶりにLangCorrect.comに訪ねました。訂正した文章を集まりました。(オリジナルは無視しました。)

1 Like

今日は学校へ行かない仮に雪が降り出します。
Trying to say: If it starts snowing, I will not go to school today.

1 Like

すぐ に 戻ります。

I’ll be right back.

僕は少しにほんごをはなせます。

I can speak a little Japanese.

2 Likes

For 仮に, you need to make the part following it a conditional or something like that.

Also it would be the opposite order, no?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same. I think it will be something like this:

仮に雪が降り出したら,今日は学校へ行かない

3 Likes