[iOS] Mobile AlliCrab for WaniKani

Just to set expectations, apart from offline reviewing I don’t have a firm plan when I’ll look to implement the other items on the list. They’re things that people have requested that I think are good ideas, but are not my immediate priorities.

The app as it is wouldn’t be very Mac-like, so I don’t know how happy I’d be releasing it in its current state. It’s really due a visual overhaul, but I’m waiting for inspiration. I will get it running on macOS just to see what it’s like, so it’s a solid maybe.

4 Likes

I am beta testing (and using Jitai) and I found this error:

Upon pressing it to see the native font, it’s fine:

This has been happening forever. At one point @cplaverty thought he fixed it, but then it was still happening.

2 Likes

Hopefully when native reviewing is implemented in 4.0, we won’t need to worry about this.

2 Likes

Well, all of these script features will disappear unless they’re specially implemented.

This is a different issue than the one I originally fixed, but yeah still an issue. And I intend to continue to support font randomisation with native reviewing.

4 Likes

Bug:
Upon changing time zones without an Internet connection, the app’s notification count and review notifications/count (showed correctly) get out of sync.

Images

1 Like

Just to make sure I understand the issue, is it just the badge count that’s wrong? I.e. at the time you took those images you actually had 110 reviews?

1 Like

That’s correct.

I noticed that this issue has been addressed in 3.1.90.619. Thank you for looking into this.

Yeah I think I’ve fixed the issue, though hadn’t mentioned anything since I’ve not done a beta build with this change yet. I expect to release to TestFlight what I hope to be the final build of 3.1 this weekend.

3 Likes

Hi! Not sure if this has been asked before or not but would it be possible to add the pitch accent script to this app? It feels important to be learning pitch accent alongside wanikani reviews… I primarily use IOS for WK because of the keyboard but it’s almost impossible to get scripts running outside of apps. The script I’m talking about is this one: [Userscript] WaniKani Pitch Info

Thank you for everything you’ve done with the app so far!

The pitch accent script is kind of glitchy though, occasionally messing up the audio during reviews or not displaying the pitch accent diagram correctly.

Is it? That’s a shame… imo I think having something for pitch accent would be better than nothing, and bugs could be fixed in the future by the op, but if it would create more issues than solve them then I guess it would be for the best not to have it

I use it as well because I think it does more good than harm. I’m just concerned that it could be more problematic on mobile. The script creator hasn’t updated it in a while as far as I know, and updates wouldn’t get pushed automatically to the app anyway. Either way, I just wanted cplaverty to have all the information.

Yeah I realised just after posting that there isn’t really a way to auto update the script on an app (unless I’m wrong) so it would be a bit tedious to maintain while it still has bugs, I guess it depends on how serious/common they are? It’s definitely something that seems useful in the future though, ty for making the issues known!

1 Like

They did add support for native reviewing, and cplaverty said that he would support it in 4.0. That would make userscripts useless since lessons and reviews won’t be done in a browser view, but directly through the app.

Welcome to the forums, @Tsukeoni

2 Likes

Why did you reset? I was fairly certain you were level 14 a few hours ago.

hmm in that case I guess my request would change to adding pitch accent graphs into the native app, but that sounds like a lot more time and work coding wise. I’ll just have to switch between using my pc and iOS more from now on haha

1 Like

Yes, that’s why any requests for userscripts lately have been declined. Feel free to update your original request.

2 Likes