Introducing Easy Japanese - A free site to help you listen more šŸŽ§

Hi guys!

I am excited to share the site Easy Japanese that Iā€™ve been working on for a while as a part time project.

Why did I make this? well, when I started to learn Japanese, I spent a few days to gather info and make a plan, like textbooks to use, apps to install, materials to listen and watch. During that process, it bothered me that I couldnā€™t find a satisfied way to practice listening. I always think listening (meaningful input) is the key to mastering a foreign language.

So I thought why not make one? And here comes the Easy Japanese website.

Check it out and give it a try :wink: Itā€™s supposed to be a simple, beautiful and useful tool to help you listen more.

If you guys have any suggestions or complains, please let me know, I will work on it ASAP.

17 Likes

Looks good, Iā€™ll test it out! Nice work!

My first feedback would be to have a play button next to each sentence (maybe the way Satori Reader does it). Currently we have to aim between the words linked to Jisho, which is useful to start the playback from that very word but may be confusing when itā€™s the first word thatā€™s linked.

Also, ability to limit furigana only to unknown kanji based on WK API or maybe even not-yet-guruā€™d kanji would be useful.

I think Iā€™d disable the _target on the articles list. And maybe also make the ā€œKanji annotationā€ switch work globally, also on the article list.

But I really like it! Simple, pretty and useful. May be a tool Iā€™ll regularly use, especially after the TangoRisto app was seemingly discontinued.

1 Like

I am glad that you like it, thank you!

1. I know that aiming between the words may be confusing. I just couldnā€™t think a better way to implement ā€œclick to playā€. I will check out how Satori Reader does and try to improve this, thank you! (I usually use Left/Right key to play back and forth, so I didnā€™t give this problem a deep thought).

2. Integrate with WK? Sounds like a good idea! I will think about how to do this.

3. OK, will remove the _target on the articles list and add a global switch :smile:

1 Like

That were just mere suggestions, but thank you :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll be checking it out later. Thanks for sharing. And in return, Iā€™d like to invite you over to the Listening Practice-thread as there are many, many ways to practice listening comprehension. Itā€™s mostly just a matter of finding something you personally like.

Good luck with your studies! ^>^

Edit: thatā€™s really cool. I canā€™t seem to bring myself to read news or serious topics in Japanese. So, this would be a great complement to audio dramas for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I canā€™t open the link on my laptop. It seems to work fine on my android phone though.

Wow, arenā€™t you clever! This looks great. The recordings sound really clear. And thank you so much for presenting something factual. I for one will find that very motivating. Great stuff.

(If you want a minor correction - the initial box that comes up with the instructions, you have put ā€˜setenceā€™ each time instead of ā€˜sentenceā€™ - not important, I know, but as itā€™s the first thing people seeā€¦)

Wow! So talented! I was looking for more listening practice. Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As a point of feedback, I would add the following:

When I Zoom into my screen with the aim of seeing the characters a bit larger, the play bar at the bottom of the page disappears. It would be helpful if this bar stayed on the screen.

This thread is really a treasure, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.