I'm halfway there!

Hoping I don’t take nearly as long on the second half :sweat_smile:

42 Likes

Gratz!! I’ve heard the second half is shorter than the first. (Also I love Nichijo, I should re-watch it sometime soon)

2 Likes

Keep it up! Nice work.

1 Like

Cheers to being half way!
乾杯!:partying_face:

tumblr_opt6ziR6Ug1wocyr0o1_500

3 Likes

Nichijou-15

Good job !

5 Likes

Congratulations! I feel like I’ve sunk countless hours into wanikani and I’m only level 20 so kudos for sticking to it! Godspeed senpai!

3 Likes

Congratulations! Are you going to do the second half any differently than the first half?

1 Like

Thanks!

I’m going to try and tackle the second half faster. Which means doing all my lessons as soon as they become available. It’s gonna be rough, but hopefully that means I can finish up by the end of this year.

I had a bunch of blips during levels 10-30 where I wouldn’t do a level for more than 100 days, which really messed with things. Coming back to 800+ reviews is no fun.

3 Likes

Congratz :partying_face: :tada:

You don’t need to do this. Imagine that you want to do a level every 10 levels or so, you just need to divide total number of lessons per level (around 150 items) per number of days. So, 150/10 = 15 lessons a day. No need to go crazy and do a bunch the moment you level up :slight_smile:

Consistency is key. It’s not about giving 1000 kicks in just one day, but about giving 1 kick throughout 1000 days. At least, that’s what Bruce Lee says :ok_hand:

7 Likes

I don’t disagree, I think the main ones that should be done right away are radicals upon leveling up. Then as long as you do the all the kanji by day 4 you’re on track to finish levels pretty quick.

I’m terrible about putting things off though, so I may try to stick with keeping my queue empty.

1 Like

You already have many burned items so you can afford going at a higher speed without fear of old items coming back and increasing your workload dramatically.

I would still suggest going for a fixed schedule, let’s say 8 days per level, doing radical+kanji as soon as possible and spreading the vocabulary over 8 days. If you still want to study more, doing Kaniwani, Core 10k, reading something or practicing grammar could be a good idea.

3 Likes

おめでとうございます!How long did it take you?

2 Likes

:turtle: Oh man, I’m embarassed. It took a little over 2 years. :turtle:

:turtle: Don’t be like me kids, do your reviews! Keep up on your lessons! :turtle:

3 Likes

That man’s suit is interesting. If I stand next to him, I’ll probably check on his neck and suit instead of directing eyes to the front unlike her. : thinking: Green turtle!

Anyway, eh I want to congratulate you but it’s late so … :thinking: Interesting clothes!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.