I’ve been having trouble getting back from a 500+ queue, stuck on level 19, and lacking motivation. After talking to friends and family about it, good advice popped up. I want to share it, it might help you guys too.
- Progress will happen as long as you keep going. Maybe you won’t be learning as quickly as you’d hope, but quitting will guarantee you learn nothing.
- WaniKani was never a race. Everyone goes at their own pace so just walk a rhythm your feet know.
- Remember why you started. Remember the decision you made all the way back from level one.
- Enjoy the ride. Annoy your friends with unsolicited japanese lessons, lose your shit when you can read some author’s name or some instruction on that imported japanese candy you got.
- Avoid burnout. No ammount of willpower can overcome a weak body. Rest, be kind to yourself.
See y’all at Level 60.