How often are you visiting WaniKani in a day?

I come by 2-3 times a day. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening. At this pace, I level up about once every 8-9 days (sometimes longer if I get a lot of things wrong, though!) On days that I level up, I spend extra time learning the new items, and might stop by after only a few hours to apprentice up the new items I’ve learned.

Each review session takes me about 10-20 minutes to get through, unless I’ve missed a day or have a bunch of ‘burn’ items queued up.

I highly recommend the Ultimate Timeline script, to help you know where the biggest chunks of reviews are gonna be and try to schedule around those! I tend to wait a few hours and just plan to do them all in 2-4 big chunks throughout the day, rather than as soon as they appear. It’s much more manageable for me this way!

1 Like

Once on average. Sometimes I come by a few times in a day, but then sometimes a couple of days will go by where I don’t come to WaniKani at all.

1 Like

If i’m sick (which is kind of often), 1-2 times a day. I do reviews morning & evening and I don’t do any lessons. Otherwise, its 4-7x a day.

I don’t like to do all my lessons or reviews in one sitting, so I alternate between reviews and lessons throughout the day. I’ve found I retain information better this way. I’m also subscribed to other japanese learning programs so I frequent other sites too.

And I definitely don’t do new lessons right before bed; I realized I forget everything I learned when I wake up. So I stop lessons a good 2 hours before I go to sleep.

1 Like

Once a day every day, specifically after lunch before I continue work. I know I’m low level though, and will probably have to batch this like all of you do later.

I do ~25 lessons every morning (if available) and do my reviews as they come up throughout the day.

2 Likes

Oh, man, if I’m home sick from work - all day long baby. Waiting for the hour to tick over with a laptop and hot cup of tea in bed. It’s not like I’m going to go do chores or errands anyway.

6 Likes

Mine too! I am checking and doing reviews whenever I have a minute.

2 Likes

Every time when I’m not busy (around every 2-3 hours or so), but when very busy, only at morning and night. I tend to stack my reviews to at least 30 or so, or else I’ll just let my WK tab open all day.

I try to get on as soon as reviews turn up, which means I’m on for a few minutes every 1-2 hours. At least I try to be, sometimes life gets in the way and multiple hours of reviews have to get done once I’m free. I keep my apprentice queue around 100, but also have a decent amount of burnables coming up these days, so reviews can stack up pretty quickly

1 Like

I’m on here quite often to do my reviews and to lurk around the forums haha

Was checking 2-3 times a day for a long time but I’ve somehow lost steam in the last 10 levels of this journey so I’ve been only really checking once a day and not even then, which is not great (but also trying to rearrange my schedule is hard). I’ve also been extremely lazy on the lessons recently.

TBH even though I’m in the tail end and I’ve burned so many items I feel like I must’ve just gone and forgotten a bunch of things in the earlier levels and there’s probably still kanji that look extremely similar (off by 1 radical) that I might not be able to properly distinguish because I burned one before I met the other, or something like that. Dunno what I’m going to do when I burn everything. Restarting seems like I’d fall into the same pitfalls? Kind of wish they had an option to test yourself with what you’ve burned and if you mess up it gets added back to your reviews.

1 Like

Install self study quiz and do burn reviews?

Seems to me like the general consensus is on average 2+ visits a day. I guess I agree, but I have been smashing big blocks once a day pretty often. Since I’m only level 3 I believe this is why I’m getting away with it. Definitely going to start breaking it up, and mostly saving lessons for the mornings, and bigger reviews for the evening.

Happy cake day!

1 Like

If you don’t do reviews up where I am, this is what you get (cumulative). (I scrolled down to 19:00 today, it’s 11:57 right now)

I live on WK. Period.

4 Likes

2 to 3 times a day because right now I’m stuck at level 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

At least 4 or 5 times a day. In the morning I try to clear my reviews and do lessons, then at lunch I do the 4-hour review for those lessons. In the evening I do the 8-hour review. I also log in several times a day for any reviews that might have come up. If I’m consistent I’m not overwhelmed with reviews, but I’ve still had a few large review stacks to clear lately.

1 Like

Like 4 times a day. I usually do all my reviews, no matter how many of them there are, since my time is limited and I usually cannot do them in the afternoon and evening. And as for lessons, I always try to put some time aside to plow through them all in one sitting so I can start drilling the reviews.

1 Like

:eyes:

6 Likes