How many days does it take you to finish a level on average?

Hey everybody!

I have been using WaniKani for about 3 months now, and am curious how long it takes you guys to finish a level! Currently, it takes me around 13 days on average, according to WaniKani statistics.

Says it takes me about 8 days and 12 hours. I’m aiming for 8-10 days.

It’d probably be more if I worked full-time but I only work 30 hours a week. Then again idk… I’d probably just do less other stuff like Anki if I worked full-time lol. I think it’s possible but going slower is fine and has advantages too.

1 Like

According to WKstats:

Average: 7 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes
Median: 7 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes

Be careful, you can burn out when all your Enlightened will go to the review queue. Like it happened to me:

1 Like

7 days average. Since level 14 I have started doing everything I can to level up in 6 days 20 hours. I’m not sure for how long I can keep it up but I’ll do my best.

2 Likes

8 days, but it is starting to go up.

2 Likes

8 days here too :slight_smile:

My average is 9-10 days when you take out vacation-mode breaks.

8.2 days in average, but a recent work trip bumped the last level to 10 days. I’m thinking of chilling out and aim for 9 or 10 days moving forward, as the current 8 day approach takes quite a bit of time (early morning reviews, lunch reviews, late night reviews)

1 Like

Looks to be around 10 days when I take out the earlier levels where I was not paying attention for days at a time. Kind of surprised the last one was just under 9 days. I had a pile of lessons and was keeping the apprentice items to ~100.

My rhythm right now is to get the radicals into my queue first when I hit a level, then make my way through all the other lessons in the ‘natural order’ basically doing all the unlocked vocab from my previous-lesson guru’d kanji that happened during the review where I guru’d enough to unlock the next level. Stopping lessons when I get to around 100 apprentice items, then doing more lessons as I clear out that queue.

I have a decent mount of burnables coming up these days so keeping my apprentice queue low is important so I don’t burn out. I have a job and a social life to take care of as well so fitting in really large review piles is difficult. Having WK be manageable is key so I can balance my life and other Japanese studies (i.e. Genki) with WK.

1 Like

For me, it’s around 16 days, though I’ve been speeding up to around 11 days the past few levels. I even got my apprentice count down to 28 today since I guess I’m remembering things more consistently lately. I’ve been using Wanikani since April 30, 2018 by the way. I just reached the halfway point.

2 Likes

37 days. But that includes a long break soon after I started.
Excluding that break, it’s just 21 days… which I’m pretty pleased with!

1 Like

I’m not too worried about level-up speed. At this point I also spend more time on reading, listening and grammar. I also have a busy life, so I actually care more about the number of reviews per burn, so I try to keep a high accuracy. I already have 1900+ burned, so works well from my point of view.

1 Like

Average: 14 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes
Median: 10 days, 12 hours, 18 minutes

I am not consistent at all. Outside of fast levels my faster levels are around 7 or 8 days. But I have levels where I have spent a month and a half or 2 even. Mostly it’s been under two weeks, though.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.