Houhou decks

There is this cool app called Houhou - http://www.houhou-srs.com/ for learning japanese.
But unlike anki it’s pretty much impossible to find any decks for it :frowning:
And even the mighty google couldn’t help me with this.

So, is there some list or website where I can find some decks for it? Idealy I’d really like to find “core 6000 kana” deck. The same as exists for anki, but any other would be awesome as well, especially if I can use them together with WK.

Houhou was actually designed by Doublevil, a user on this site. 

/t/Houhou-12-Dictionary-and-SRS-application-for-Windows/6733/1

There’s no deck for it that I’m aware of, though this might be a function that will be introduced at some point. It’s pretty easy to create your own decks, though I recommend that you limit how many words you add to it at any time. I just add vocab to it that I come across from reading or studying sources, like NHK Easy or Genki.

Breadstick is making a “WaniKani expansion pack”, which you can import into Houhou.
And you should be able to import any deck with Anki, export it with a CSV export Anki add-on, and import it back into Houhou. Admittedly, it’s a bit of a hassle. Maybe I should add an Anki format direct import feature.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, Doublevil.

And yes, being able to import anki deck directly would be amazing!
There are tons of good decks out there, but anki it simply not good enough for me, houhou works much better I think :slight_smile:

Anzeigan said...  Thanks for the tip, Doublevil.

And yes, being able to import anki deck directly would be amazing!
There are tons of good decks out there, but anki it simply not good enough for me, houhou works much better I think :)
 I made a similar post about wanting HouHou decks because I liked the way you could type in answers, but it turns out that if you edit it a little Anki has that same feature. I don't know if that was the dealbreaker for you or if you just like HouHou overall better. (I also would love more HouHou Decks but I wanted to pass on that Anki does have some features of HouHou).
garlogan said... I made a similar post about wanting HouHou decks because I liked the way you could type in answers, but it turns out that if you edit it a little Anki has that same feature. I don't know if that was the dealbreaker for you or if you just like HouHou overall better. (I also would love more HouHou Decks but I wanted to pass on that Anki does have some features of HouHou).
I know I'm annoying with that point but... you still have to validate your item using Anki's system. If you don't like the auto-evaluation system, it still won't work.
Doublevil said...
garlogan said... I made a similar post about wanting HouHou decks because I liked the way you could type in answers, but it turns out that if you edit it a little Anki has that same feature. I don't know if that was the dealbreaker for you or if you just like HouHou overall better. (I also would love more HouHou Decks but I wanted to pass on that Anki does have some features of HouHou).
I know I'm annoying with that point but... you still have to validate your item using Anki's system. If you don't like the auto-evaluation system, it still won't work.
 I don't even know what that means...lol.