Hold onto my turtle. The WaniKani Sale Begins (Dec 18, 2019 – Jan 8, 2020)

Puuurrrrpppllleee ciiirrrcccllee

2 Likes

I feel. I went through the same thing when I joined last year (also Aussie). Judging by the purple circle, you chose to invest anyway; good on you! After all, it’s for ever and ever and turns out that much cheaper than paying monthly or annually.

This time I’m going at the new year without a consistent income and I am thankful beyond words I’d already committed to the crabigator, or I would have had to stop using WK to meet my other budget needs. As it is, I’m basking in my ability to continue my learning despite having to tighten my belt in other areas. All hail the crabigator!

1 Like

Wouldn`t that defeat the purpose of learning them on your own by way of the SRS?

1 Like

Yes I did it anyways. This is the only learning system I’ve stuck to daily. I bought lifetime memberships to Memrise and Lingodeer too earlier this year. This was by far the most expensive.

1 Like

あ〜買った!私が私にクリスマスのプレセント :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Commenting because I want to see the purple circle :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m so glad this runs into January! Just wait for me, I will be there to purchase soon!

4 Likes

It’s $199 USD here in the US too

4 Likes

and basically you do not pay HST which you would would so it is really only 20% higher with the f/x and just look at the apstore for some larger programs that are priced in CAD. They are usually 30 to 40% more. have a look at the US price of proloquo2go in US vs. CAD…given you are at the free stages, if you are moving slow, you could remiss not to purchase now given you have paid nothing yet.

1 Like

Finally, bought it!!! Thanks for the sales, Koichi!!!

2 Likes

You already get two months free with an annual membership - $89 versus $108- so you’re not going to see it discounted further.

3 Likes

Welcome to team purple, new purplers!

We all know you bought lifetime for that purple circle.

10 Likes

It would also be confusing to new people.

@Redglare (as a new user in this scenario): “Why this person lvl 60 and has gold, but this person lvl 60 and has purple? :?? Did gold people finish all their burns?”

5 Likes

Blue’s my favorite color though…

I don’t want it anymore

8 Likes

Bought all the things I’ve been dying for since last year when I woke up and read the email there was a sale <3 Looking forward to receiving my 手ぬぐい. Everything else was just digital, thanks a lotttttttttttttttt!

And just like that I’m a lifer. Here we go!!!

2 Likes

I don’t think I’d lose too much sleep over it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I thought of buying it too, but I have reservations too. I’m not getting it because I feel like a lifetime would be a crutch for me. (I can skip today, tomorrow. I have a lifetime subscription, after all) - That might be me.
I intend to purchase Annual soon. I will buy it twice and no more. That will force me to be serious about this. No slacking off.

4 Likes

Nothing a level reset couldn’t fix!

2 Likes

(From the sale announcement:)

Oooh… like a “swear jar” for bad reviews answers :astonished:

So this is how they plan to take over the world economy! :laughing:

(By the way… has there been any sign of eGoooott yet? Not that I want to get sucked in again this year.
I’ve got too much other stuff that I need to stay focused on!)

6 Likes

I actually paid around $150 (discount plus the months I had already paid via the yearly subscription), this sale is INCREDIBLE value.