Helpful apps to practice with? [Android]

Are you using Candy Crush Saga to learn Japanese? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a big (size) problem, but there is a workaround.

1. Disable “Fetch media on sync”
  2. Copy “collection.media” folder manually to your Android device. It is here:-
  • /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/User 1/collection.media
  • /AnkiDroid/collection.media

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip.

Once that is done you can turn it back on? Or just leave it off?

I always turn it off, because syncing time is also a ‘big’ problem.

I honestly don’t need it synced. I just like having the option. Thanks.

This was my comment on the other post, might be helpful so I’ll post it here as well.

I like the wanikani app and I also use memrise.

I paid for the KanjiStudy app and I like that I can use it to practice drawing kanji. I make sure I can write the kanji I learn through genki and it works well for that. You can select kanji to put in custom groups and it’s infinitely customizable. I like to set it to quiz me and “force correct” which means I have to get it exactly correct or it makes me do it again from the start.

If you like HiNative you might also like the HelloTalk app. It’s like a social network for language learning. You can find Japanese people who are learning English and talk with them over audio or text and it has a similar correction system as lang-8 where you can post corrections that are pretty clear and helpful. There is a private messaging system and then an open board where people make posts about what they are doing and their lives in the language they are learning. It’s good practice and the corrections are really helpful. Especially since lang-8 signups are closed it’s a good substitute.

[quote=“polv, post:9, topic:17424, full:true”]I recommend Audipo to play sound files. The seek bar is very long, and you can play at x0.8. Also, I keep it separated from Music player.
[/quote]I followed your recommendation. It’s great. 0.75 speed works perfectly for my listening comprehension.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.