Helpful apps to practice with? [Android]

Anyone know any helpful android apps for learning Japanese? I have spare time at work so if there’s anything that I can do for 15 minutes while at work or at home that would be super helpful.

1 Like

If you are a fan of Anki, AnkiDroid. It is very powerful. Too powerful that it is sometimes too hard to use.

I use it all the time, besides Candy Crush Saga.

2 Likes

I’ll check it out :smiley:

Japanese Grammar Handbook
Several NHK News Easy apps to choose from…
I’m trying a few out. Lots of crappy ones.
HiNative
Memrise- the app is nice and easy to use

Eventually I’ll probably try out the Japanese radio apps, JLPT listening apps, etc…

1 Like

I’ve become an anki fangirl for all languages I’m learning. ANKI!!!

1 Like

Human Japanese - Beginner and Intermediate

3 Likes

To complete your WaniKani reviews, whilst you are standing in a queue: WaniKani for Android

If you have a textbook with a CD, copy the sound files from the CD onto your Android device.

Another vote for AnkiDroid from me.

1 Like

I recommend Audipo to play sound files. The seek bar is very long, and you can play at x0.8. Also, I keep it separated from Music player.

2 Likes

I thought of Kobato from Haganai. ANIKI!!!

I am working my way through Human Japanese as well. I am about halfway through the intermediate and I think they are great apps for exactly what the OP was asking. I use them from 15-20 minutes sometimes when I have downtime at work. They seem well written and not like reading a textbook. Plus the instant audio of all the examples is really helpful.

1 Like

I like to practise a few kanji with Kanji Study. I’ve added a custom list of everything learnt in WK so far, split it into blocks of 25 and try one of those. A Japanese podcast playing in the background is also nice.

Someone has opened another thread about the same question. This thread was created first. I suggest we don’t duplicate this information.

@MeowMeow, if it is possible, could you change the topic title to include the word “Android”? This would help future members looking for helpful Android apps.

1 Like

I, a Regular, can add the word Android.

5 Likes

@polv, Thanks! I thought you had to be someone special like a moderator.

Oh I forgot we could do that. I guess it can be a useful feature! Eyy.

Also I think LingQ has its place. Even as just free content, you can pick content at your level that’s like diaries, news, radio, lessons, etc, and just read through it and listen to it. I suppose you could add the words you don’t know to Anki, but I’m not an Anki person. It’s handy being able to click the word, see the definition, add it as LingQ thingy to go over… but you lose that ability as a free member fast. Oh and apparently you can go through it sentence by sentence if you want, but I never tried that.

The power… it’s… to much!

Beat me to editing my own thread! I’ll check out Human Japanese. Also any specific card sets you guys would recommend for Anki?

Core 10k breakdown MEGA

Also,

How well does that 700mb file load into Android/sync with your account?