Help with level reset

Hi I had to take some time off due to some health issues so when I came back to wani kani I reset my level to the previous one but it still says i have 2000 + reviews… I thought it was supposed to wipe that. Anyone have experience with this?

Resetting one level would only reset items from that level. 2000+ reviews sounds like items from all levels, so it will only go down by as much as you go backwards.

7 Likes

Having reset myself, I would advise against it - just work your way through your reviews without new lesson until you are caught up.

If you use userscripts, some advise using a reorder script and organising your reviews from lowest to highest level.

5 Likes

this is great but too late lol :slight_smile:

Thank you. Love your avatar btw!

1 Like

You’ve only reset 1 level - I was concerned you may reset further to erase you review pile.

1 Like

I reset two levels but it seems like I forgot everything :frowning:

That’s why doing your reviews grouped by level could be useful - you are probably better at the lower levels, but as you progress you would be able to find exactly where your retention is low enough that it warrants in your opinion a reset to that level.

where do i get userscripts

First, you need to make sure you have WK Open Framework - instructions here: Installing Wanikani Open Framework

This seems to be the current best script for reordering: [Userscript]: Reorder Ultimate 2 [newest]

If you are interested in adding other scripts to make your WK experience more dynamic, all the userscripts should be here:

thanks the Rowena!

1 Like

My recommendations when it comes to these things…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.