Help with hinekidori's Genki Anki Deck

Hey, I just downloaded Hinekidori’s Genki Anki deck, but it doesn’t seem to be working for me. A lot of the lessons just show:

Back template has a problem:
Found ‘⁨{{Kanji}}⁩’, but there is no field called ‘⁨Kanji⁩’
More information

Also, I have a question about the deck itself. For the kanji in there that I haven’t learned yet, should I be worried about what their meanings are, or should I just try to remember the combinations and how they make up a vocab word?

Thanks.

1 Like

@hinekidori; please see above :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I figured out how to fix it if anyone is having the same problems as me.

When that message pops up, click on edit and then fields. Add a new field, which you call “kanji” and it should work.

When I did that, the audio on those cards stopped working, which it might do for you as well. Click on the cards button in the edit menu, go to the back template, and add in “{{Audio}}” and everything should work.

3 Likes

It worked for me now. I also had to add a “Kana Reading” field. Mind you, I think it should be “Kanji”, not “kanji” for it to work.

1 Like

Hey, I´ve got the same Problem but if I enter a new field called “Kanji” it doesn´t work out for me. Is there something else I have to do?
What I do is.
-click on my deck and push “study now”
-then the error pops up so i click on the “edit” button on the down left corner
-then click on “fields” and then on “add”
-then I enter for the field name “Kanji” click ok and save
-then I close everything and restart Anki

That´s my way of doing it but the error still pops up. :frowning:

Edit: Problem fixed, just had to reinstal Anki.

1 Like

Any chance you can share with me what version of Anki you were (or still are) on? I’m trying it all, adding the Kanji field, reinstalled Anki, nothing is working. This is the only page I’m getting a result on, and still no success besides these comments…