So what now? All at once?

3 Likes

Iā€™d break it down into manageable chunks throughout the day

4 Likes

How many apprentice items do you have?

1 Like

Oooft! Thatā€™s a beast. Iā€™d break that down into four or five sessionsā€¦

3 Likes

How many times a day do you do your reviews? I always use the Wanikani Ultimate Timeline script to check whenā€™s the next ā€œbig chunkā€ of reviews so it never accumulates that much, lol.

2 Likes

I am surprised you have that many piling up at level 9, but I definitely get chunks of 200+ because Iā€™m going full speed ahead.

1 Like

167 apprentice lol,

1 Like

Once or twice a day usually

Another thing you can do is spread out your lessons (if you havenā€™t already been doing that). You can still obtain good speed as long as you prioritize radicals and kanjis.

3 Likes

That seems like good advice until you just end up forgetting.

2 Likes

Another vote for the ā€œbreak it up into chunksā€ approach.

Unless the queue contains level-critical items, I usually aim to do at least 50, hitting ā€œwrap-upā€ when I reach the target. That then gives me another 10 for luck.
If I have a spare minute I sometimes do a quick-fire round, where I start the session and immediately hit wrap-up. It all adds up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s a lotā€¦ When those apprentice reviews line up with your guru/master/enlighten/burn reviews itā€™s gonna hurt. If you donā€™t mind that size of review pile then keep doing what youā€™re doing. If you think thatā€™s too much then reduce the number of apprentice items you have by limiting lessons you do.

Howā€¦Do you have really low acc or something?

1 Like

Just did 245 after lazing out the past few days. My vote is one go, youā€™ll feel a lot better once everything is 0.
Although this should come with saying, but only do them if the accuracy will be high. Itā€™s pointless to do ifi theyā€™re all levelling down :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This.

I work a 9 - 5 and my job usually involves tight deadlines, so I canā€™t just take a ā€œstudy breakā€ like some users do. The Ultimate Timeline script is a lifesaver. It allows me to time my lessons so that I end up with a manageable amount of reviews (less than 150 a day) even if can only do them mornings and afternoons.

I know thereā€™s also an anti-burnout script somewhere that limits the amount of lessons you can do based on how many items you have on apprentice, effectively limiting the reviews you do per day, but I havenā€™t used it myself.

3 Likes

Haha, yeah. True. Already managed them all. Did them in 3 sessions. About 97% accuracy, so I should be fine.

I have 187 in apprentice now. Lmao.

@Vanilla: What do you mean low acc? Level 9

When you do your reviews, do you do poorly? Even going at full speed, I usually am at 100 apprentice itemsā€¦so its weird for you to have so many.

1 Like

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: thatā€™s me. 184 apprentice cause my brain no work good.

Also, now with the new baby, and the new job that I canā€™t take study breaks from, I get one review a day sometime after shes asleep. I keep telling myself Iā€™ll get up early and do a before work review, but when you get at most 6 hours of sleep, in 1.5-2 hour chunks, that snooze button is too tempting.

1 Like

Not really. My accuracy is about 98% I believe? No idea how!

1 Like

I went at full speed (at least up to level 46), and typically my apprentice stayed under or near 100 also. I think really the only ways to get apprentice items much higher than that are to #1 get apprentice or guru reviews wrong and #2 do a ton of lessons at one time (especially if you just leveled up or had a backlog of vocabs). Since you have 148 apprentice vocabs, Iā€™d guess thatā€™s probably what happenedā€¦

2 Likes