Grouping vocab?

Hi everyone,

Extremely excited to be apart of this community. WK has been such a blessing in my life and I really appreciate the information here.

Short of manually going through it again, is there perhaps a script that allows me to group all my learned vocab into a list of nouns/adj/verbs/adverbs etc? I am finding that when it’s on WK, recalling isn’t so much an issue. But any other use is quite difficult. So I’d like to actually categorise what I’ve learned and pull from it to use in my sentences.

Worst comes to worst, I’ll just go through it all again.

Thank you!

6 Likes

Probably [Userscript] Wanikani Item Inspector can do that.

1 Like

i confirm that Item inspector can do it but you need to do a little configuration to get it.

First you need to configure a Popup Element to Part Of Speech to get the part of speech displayed in the popup data.

Next you need to use a filter to display only the items that belongs to a particular part of speech. You may choose between two filters for this purpose.

You may use the Advanced search filter:

• Select the All Wanikani Items table.
  • Check the Used In selection for Part Of Speech
  • Type in the desired part of speech in the Search Term field. A hover tip will tell you which part of speech are available.
  • This will return a list of all items that have the selected part of speech.
  • Moving the mouse over the item will reveal the information in a popup.

You may also use the Part Of Speench filter to achieve the same effect.

• In the Optional Filters settings select Part Of Speech
  • Refresh your browser to enact this setting.
  • This will cause the Part Of Speech filter to show in your browser settings.
  • Select the All Wanikani items table.
  • Use this filter to select a part of speech.
  • This will return a list of all items that have the selected part of speech.
  • Moving the mouse over the item will reveal the information in a popup.

I don’t have a solution but

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY :blush:

giphy

Be sure to check the community guidelines and also this awesome post by @jprspereira . The community is wonderful and there are many games like the 5 Letter Game, Say something about the person above you and Shiritori.

2 Likes

Your script really is super-amazing and versatile! ^>^ Just sayin’! ’

3265eba18f76720319456868403c559d

Perfect! Thank you so much. It works great!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.