Wanikani Vocabulary Sort?

I feel like there may be a script for this but I couldn’t find it.

What do you guys think of a better Wanikani dictionary/searchability? What I mean by that, when you click the “Vocabulary” button at the top of the wanikani homepage, there is another option for a “dictionary” kind of thing where you can sort by part of speech?

Example usage
“Boy, Wanikani verbs sure do wreck me every time”

Sort:
Level unlocked
Verb (maybe even sort only 他動詞 or 自動詞?)
Now study only the most recent verbs.

Or even

Sort:
Other - things like suffixes, prefixes, etc.

For items that have multiple part of speech types, just have them in multiple lists. Thoughts?

2 Likes

I recommended something similar to this a while ago: being able to search by categories like adverbs, na adjectives, transitive verbs, etc. People liked the post, but I never got any feedback :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Sounds interesting! Unfortunately I am not so tech savvy that I could attempt to this. I would definitely like to be able to search based on part of speech, though!

(Edit) Remarkably @jprspereira 's thread was only closed yesterday!

1 Like

I’m sure it would be doable via a script, but it’d be much nicer to have it as a regular feature, like JP said.

Maybe I’ll try building something like that some day though - unless someone else beats me to it :wink:

1 Like

Ha, my programming ability stops at Microsoft Excel (I mean I guess it COULD be done in excel but ewwww).

Whether its via a script/API or integrated, it would be cool to have!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.